PDA

View Full Version : I'm back! I was a member back in 2004 :-)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

denicias
Thu, Jun-10-10, 10:12
Hi everyone! I remember back in 2004, I had joined this forum in hopes of staying on track, losing weight, and gaining support from many others in the same shoes as me. I had gained my college "freshman 15", but it was more like freshman FAT. I don't remember my weight exactly but it was up there. I did great on low carb and got down to about 147. I felt great! Can anybody tell me why I stopped? Perhaps the negative stigma that low carb diets are "bad for you" or "your body needs carbs to function" or "i can't believe you're eating eggs for dinner" haha. whatever it may be, I went back to live a normal calorie restrictive diet...

Counting calories worked for a couple of years...the only thing was that i literally worked out 7 days a week and sometimes i did double days! that was back when i had time...I only had one job, lived right across the street from the gym, and my boyfriend was a personal trainer. EASY.

Now, I have been single for almost a year (4th of july will be the date) and I went from 150 to 168-172 depending on the week! I am so grossed out! When we broke up i went through the whole break up diet aka starvation diet and got down to around 145. I never really weighed myself but I know i was skinny. Since then i have gone through a series of ups and downs with weight. I have a problem w/emotional eating (I HATE IT) and I don't have the time I once did to workout obsessively. My goal is to open a business soon, and in doing that I have to keep my full time job, study for my business at night and work weekends!

Wow this was long...I am doing my best to be optimistic!Day 1! I know I am better than this!

excuse any typos etc...im at work trying to get this done quickly! have a nice day everyone!

bobiam
Thu, Jun-10-10, 10:21
A lot of people eat in an unhealthy way when they are under stress.

My goal is to open a business soon, and in doing that I have to keep my full time job, study for my business at night and work weekends!

I think you should give very serious consideration to the idea that your health is more important than all these things you want to do at the same time and decide which of them you can do without, at least for now.

ringamajig
Thu, Jun-10-10, 10:22
Welcome back Denicias.

My magic weight number is the same as your, 143, only problem is that I am 4" shorter than you. LOL

Good luck on your journey.

denicias
Thu, Jun-10-10, 10:28
Thanks guy! The only concern I'm having is last time when I did LC, I did Atkins. I've become a bit weary of fat so I'm not sure if I will even lose if I do less fat ?