PDA

View Full Version : Hello...again

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nancyn28
Tue, Jun-08-10, 16:49
:wave: Hi! I'm Nancy. I'm not new but I've been gone for a while. I have retried over and over for the past two years. Now, I have finally decided enough is enough and I'm ready to do it...for real...and stick to it.

I have health issues in addition to obesity which leads me down the low carb road. I have hyperlipidemia type IV which is carbohydrate induced hyperlipidemia (cholesterol and tryclycerides). In addition to that I have PCOD (although I am certain that although I'm only 37 that I am probably peri-menopausal...) and endometriosis. I have chronic headaches and chronic pain which may be some form of fibromyalgia (my physician put this bug in my head) and I am often extremely tired. I also suffer from depression and with some bi-polar traits maybe, but I'm not sure really.

I feel better when I low carb. Not the first few days of course, but in general. I started over on Saturday and find that I have been sleeping better already. But, I have also been going to the gym---that could be part of it as well. I have also come to the realization that my body, like it or not is a gift from God. I am to treat it like a temple and I have not been taking very good care of the home of the Holy Spirit which I have invited to live within me.

Sorry this is so long...but I'm patiently awaitng a new journal....

Hope this finds you well and best wishes to all.

p.s. love that the new Atkins book allows caffeine!!!! :agree:

ringamajig
Tue, Jun-08-10, 16:56
Welcome back Nancy! I too love the new Atkins book and hope that more people that are on the forum read it.