PDA

View Full Version : How to make a succeful food journal

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lessara
Mon, Apr-22-02, 08:07
Ok I'm not exactly a newby but I'm a newby when it comes to organization. I'm trying to find a successful way to do a food journal. I don't have computer access except for a few minutes at work. So I though a paper journal would help, but I don't know where to start. :confused:

2OnAtkins
Mon, Apr-22-02, 11:07
I am thinking about starting a food journal too and similarly, I only have access to my work computer. I am planning on buying one of those personal journals and a carb counter book. Then I want to designate one page a day to the food. If you have spreadsheets available at work, you could transfer the info to the spreadsheet once a week, along with the weight loss, to track the food with the loss. Hope this helps!

Karen
Mon, Apr-22-02, 11:59
How about this format? What makes a journal successful is using it!

Of course, it doesn't have to be as elaborate as this format. It's important that you feel comfortable with it - that it's working for you. Writing forever because you feel that you have to will not make your journal any better.

When I first started, all I did was keep track of food in a small notebooks with the carb count. And most of my fat loss occured during that time.

Date:

Food Eaten:

Carbs:

You can also do a total breakdown of fat, protein, etc. here if you want

Exercise:

Thoughts:

Things to try:

And every week/few weeks

Weight:

Measurements:

Karen

Lessara
Mon, Apr-22-02, 14:05
I know it seemes like such a simple thing but when organization is something you lack it can be such a confusing task.
Guidelines are just what I needed. Thank you. :)
I tend to go overboard thus making it too differcult to keep.