PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Alecto
Fri, May-28-10, 12:45
I've been lurking for a bit here, but I thought since I started induction today, I'd introduce myself. I'm a 31 year old former school teacher who has a severe autoimmune disorder. I've struggled with my weight for years. In 2001, I was in a severe car crash and gained 150 pounds. At my highest weight, I was 340 pounds.

Two years ago, I lost 120 pounds on the dreaded Kimkins. I know how horrible it was for me. I know that I was better off, I don't know, eating rocks and banging my head with a hammer than doing that diet, but I was fresh off a divorce and just wanted to be pretty again. Unfortunately, I became very ill and ended up gaining 50 pounds back.

After trying strictly low calorie/low fat and failing, I am trying Atkins again. I did Atkins back in 1996-1997, when it was the hip thing among my friends. I remember us all sitting around, eating our hamburgers sans bun and tons of bacon. I really did not get it.

But this time I have read the books, done the research and I am focused on doing this right. I am happy to see all the success and support and hopefully will get to add my own.

katyw8y
Fri, May-28-10, 12:51
Welcome!!! I know you will find success!! This is a great site for advice and support. Good Luck and enjoy LCing!!

joycie
Fri, May-28-10, 16:14
Welcome to the site. I have found it to be an invaluable source of information and support. Dive in and visit journals and ask questions. I am just now discovering the food diary under My Plan and finding it rather useful.

Chris_D
Fri, May-28-10, 18:30
Hello and Welcome!

Congratulations for taking care of #1, YOU!!!

Your positive attitude and determination are all key to your success.

Looking forward to traveling this path with you!

Cheers,

~ Chris ~