PDA

View Full Version : Hello future LC friends!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bacontooth
Fri, May-28-10, 12:40
I have tried every diet invented plus some of my own creations and have proven I can lose weight with the best of them.....I have never maintained a loss though. I have gained back every pound ever lost (many times over) and added a few.

My lovely dh discovered Mark Sisson(Primal Blueprint) and was blown away (as was I) by Mark's amazing fit physique, his wife too is in great shape and is in her early 50's. I am 41 and dh is 48.

We decided we would make a it a lifestyle change and do it together, so that it becomes "just the way we eat". No justifying our diet to anyone, no excuses.

I am only a couple weeks into this lifestyle makeover, so too early to tell if I'll make it. But I feel great, love my food and the best of all - I don't feel deprived.

Oh another first for me is that I have no weight loss goals to meet by a certain date.

Hoping to make lots of new friends and give and receive encouragement.

katyw8y
Fri, May-28-10, 12:55
Hi!! I will be the first to welcome you. I know how important it is to have this support from people that are going through just what you are. This is an awesome site to make new friends and you will find tons of support and encouragment.

rodmick
Fri, May-28-10, 16:42
Hi Bacontooth! What a great user name! Sounds like you are really groking on!!!!

Chris_D
Fri, May-28-10, 18:24
Greetings & Welcome Aboard to a fellow Canadian!

This forum is a great community for support, knowledge, inspiration, motivation and even for that occasional kick in the butt, LOL!!

Good Luck on your journey!

Cheers,

~ Chris ~

bacontooth
Sat, May-29-10, 08:23
katys8y
Rodmick
Chris D

Thanks for the welcome!

Blondie888
Sat, May-29-10, 08:51
Love the username! And welcome. :wave:

I've read about Mark Sisson's plan, and I hope it works well for you. It's great to have your focus be health, instead of weight goals.

Best of luck.