PDA

View Full Version : sorry I know this gets posted all the time..

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Candiflip
Sat, May-22-10, 11:13
but how can you get your system to jump start again..

It has been 3 weeks, no weight loss.. OH wait, I lost 1 lb, went down to 183.. but it keeps going up and down again and again and again..take today I am 185.. AND I KNOW, DON'T WEIGHT! But I do.. so..

Do I need to adjust my eating? Eat less now since I weight less?

Example of what I eat in a day:

water:
about 1-1.5 gallon a day.. LOVE MY WATER!

Breakfast:
3 sausage paddies w/ 3 eggs(fried in butter)
double shot espresso w/ 3 TB cream

Lunch:
3-4 eggs scrambled or fried in butter w/ 2-3 TB mayo
sometimes with 1 sausage paddy

dinner:
pork chop w/ eggs
steak with w/ eggs
sausage w/ eggs
chicken (sometimes with eggs)

my downfall:
2-3 8oz cups of diet A&W rootbeer at night

Snack:
sometimes some cheese, but I have been trying not to eat lately
cup of Jasmine tea

(my sausage is homemade, so no nitrates )

So does something need to be adjusted?
AND I don't like veggies.. so I don't eat. I enjoy my meat and eggs lol.. I guess you can tell since I eat at all meals.
I have had no problem losing weight till recently..
Just wondering if I need to take some food away? Or will this pass? Do I just need to stop focusing on the scale and just keep looking to the future?(that is what I keep telling myself anyhow :) )
And the main reason I am losing weight is so that we can do a FET cycle(like IVF but with frozen embryos) so I need to meet my first goal weight before giong down there.. they have a problem with me being overweight..
I know know what you mean when you said, it happens to us all.. and a lot gain weight during this time.. I'm thinking you mean you got frustrated and gave up?

cnmLisa
Sat, May-22-10, 11:31
but how can you get your system to jump start again..

It has been 3 weeks, no weight loss.. OH wait, I lost 1 lb, went down to 183.. but it keeps going up and down again and again and again..take today I am 185.. AND I KNOW, DON'T WEIGHT! But I do.. so..

Do I need to adjust my eating? Eat less now since I weight less?

Example of what I eat in a day:

water:
about 1-1.5 gallon a day.. LOVE MY WATER!

Breakfast:
3 sausage paddies w/ 3 eggs(fried in butter)
double shot espresso w/ 3 TB cream

Lunch:
3-4 eggs scrambled or fried in butter w/ 2-3 TB mayo
sometimes with 1 sausage paddy

dinner:
pork chop w/ eggs
steak with w/ eggs
sausage w/ eggs
chicken (sometimes with eggs)

my downfall:
2-3 8oz cups of diet A&W rootbeer at night

Snack:
sometimes some cheese, but I have been trying not to eat lately
cup of Jasmine tea

(my sausage is homemade, so no nitrates )

So does something need to be adjusted?
AND I don't like veggies.. so I don't eat. I enjoy my meat and eggs lol.. I guess you can tell since I eat at all meals.
I have had no problem losing weight till recently..
Just wondering if I need to take some food away? Or will this pass? Do I just need to stop focusing on the scale and just keep looking to the future?(that is what I keep telling myself anyhow :) )
And the main reason I am losing weight is so that we can do a FET cycle(like IVF but with frozen embryos) so I need to meet my first goal weight before giong down there.. they have a problem with me being overweight..
I know know what you mean when you said, it happens to us all.. and a lot gain weight during this time.. I'm thinking you mean you got frustrated and gave up?

I find that when I'm bouncing between the same few number for a bit, it means 2 things (for me): A) my body is recalibrating itself; and B) it's trying to psych me out to throw in the towel. This is a 90% mind game/10% food game. You need to just get off the scale, keep doing what you're doing (as long as you're following plan, eating clean, being honest about your food--if you're not then you need to clean it up).

Patience grasshopper.

Lisa

Candiflip
Sat, May-22-10, 11:34
Thanks so much Lisa, that is what I was thinking but really needed to hear it from someone ele.. and I agree, It really does mess with your head! I'm going to put the scale away for now and just focus on more important things!
And yup I'm honest with myself with food.. pretty much what is typed there is what I eat.. everyday!

missaec
Sat, May-22-10, 13:15
Just to get things going again, I suggest cutting out the sausage. It's processed and usually high in sodium. Try taking it out of the equation and replacing it with something like ground beef just for a few days and see if that helps.

Candiflip
Sat, May-22-10, 17:10
it's not store bought, like I said I make myself.. I don't add much salt. It would be the same as eating ground beef as you suggested, it's just ground pork :)

Cleveland
Sat, May-22-10, 19:27
mmm. I wonder if it is calorie counting time. if you have too much or too little problems can occur. You have lost almost 50 lbs (wow!!), you do not need as many calories as when you started...although you may have naturally cut down.

Do you do any weight training? I actually hit below goal several months ago (133 at time) but stepped it up weight lifting wise, GAINED weight , at first I was crushed, but lost pants size. I almost keeled over when I zipped a 1-2 pair a pants (yes doubting me says there is new vanity sizing at play). Muscle burns calories-but not pounds- like crazy.

If I elimated one thing it sure is heck would be the diet soda. Some are fine but I am sensitive and the scale never moved with fake sweets. Next would be the creamer, but you are not really having much. If you replaced it try unsweetended coconut or almond milk.

I vote for adding muscle though!

missaec
Sat, May-22-10, 21:10
Ohh nevermind then. I am stumped. You may just need to ride out the stall. It's a hassle, so I recommend just staying away from the scale for awhile.

krystalr
Sun, May-23-10, 06:53
It could be that you need to ride it out, my friend. I was stuck for 9 weeks bouncing between 179 and 181. I took a long look at my meals, and decided to add MORE calories. Not too long after that, things started moving again for me. I wasn't intentionally keeping them low, but ended up eating about 1100 most days (my fat was about 60-65%). I bumped it up to about 1500. I also gave up diet sodas and caffinated drinks at this time. Everything start moving again about 2 weeks after these changes. I'll never know for sure if it was one thing, both, or nothing that got me going again.

missaec
Sun, May-23-10, 09:07
I agree with krystalr. I got stuck for a couple of weeks and decided to up my carbs and see what happened. When I did that, I started losing weight again. I used to lose weight at less than 20 carbs a day, but after having a baby and breastfeeding (and my milk only just dried up) I think my body just needed more carbs.

black57
Sun, May-23-10, 09:54
I agree with cnmLisa. Realize that your body is part of this journey. A stall is going for at least 6 weeks without loss in weight OR inches.You have not stalled so why fret? Get out the measuring tape and let that be your guide. The scale don't know what it's doing, but it is helping you to understand your body. Don't be in such a hurry to lose weight that you don't learn what it is your body is trying to tell you.

kazLaJauna
Sun, May-23-10, 10:10
Just to get things going again, I suggest cutting out the sausage. It's processed and usually high in sodium. Try taking it out of the equation and replacing it with something like ground beef just for a few days and see if that helps.
There is a bad misconception that salt is why we are not losing....that we have water retention. probably not so on low carb. Eat a low carb diet is a natural diuretic as naturally makes you pee more. If you cut the salt too much you will have low electrolytes and will feel weak and tired. I have actually upped my salt intake, making sure I have added good iodinized salts (sea salt is bad if iodine is not added). If you are lot losing it probably has nothing to do with salt intake.

Candiflip
Sun, May-23-10, 11:03
thanks alll and krystal that is what I was afraid of.
I feel as the more weight I lose.. the more sensitive I am to caffeine..I have to give up coffee some time ago.. and I think I might need to give up my espresso now. I did noticed last time when I gave up coffee and went down to only the espersso during the day the weight started coming off again.. but now it has stopped again..
Why is this?

Zell
Sun, May-23-10, 12:26
Hi Candiflip,

Don't quote me on this one, but doesn't caffeine cause an insulin release? Caffeine causes problems for me...but, I find myself allowing it to creep back into my diet. I'm also insulin resistant so this might not apply to you.

Give it time. You're doing great, and I do think our bodies adjust to our new weight and the calorie intake, etc... they adjust accordingly so we need a little jolt of something different. Maybe more exercise or a temporary increase in calories or even a fast day with a "regular" meal.

Stay the course!!
Zell