PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

hbmalewska
Sun, Apr-21-02, 18:03
Hi all,
This is my first experience with any forum. I am familiar with listserv - for systems used in my work, but not this type of personal discussions.
I am a Registerd Nurse working in the IS department of a local hospital. I manage several clinical documentation systems.
I have been on/off low carb since last October. Have lost some 20 lbs. Need to get serious again.
Am looking forward to the discussions in this forum. Its neet to know there are others out there. I have several friends following the WW program. Started with them, did not feel well, began reading some of the Low Carb books and the clinical information made sense to me, thus, here I am.
Thanks in advance for all of the help offered on this forum
Barb

Rosebud
Sun, Apr-21-02, 19:53
Hi Barb and welcome! :wave:
You've already lost 24 lbs, well done!
I'll give you the same suggestion I give to everyone new I "talk" to: start a journal here. Info on "how to" can be found at the top of this thread.
I've found keeping a journal the best way to keep myself honest. And a delightful side effect has been the number of new friends who drop in to say hullo.
Also, if you haven't already, have a good look around the site, there are loads of great info here.
Cheers, Barb.

:rose:Rosebud:rose: (another RN)

LittleAnne
Mon, Apr-22-02, 04:29
Hi Barb and welcome to this forum.

Congratulations on your weight loss so far. As you say, time to make it a way of life and loose the rest.

I fully agree with Rosebuds suggestion about starting a journal. You might like to use Fitday.com (http://) to keep track of your food.

This site is a great place to come for information, advice, support and motivation. I look forward to hearing about your progress.

razzle
Mon, Apr-22-02, 10:03
Hi Barb. I love seeing more medical professionals on the forum. :) Glad to have you aboard, and enjoy your time here!