PDA

View Full Version : new here!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Darlene55
Sun, Apr-21-02, 17:49
white :wave:

Hello everyone,
This is my first post and I am so happy to find such a nice place! My name is Darlene and I hope to come here often.
I have been LC for over 3 months now and am always looking for new ideas and menus ect.
I get very depressed sometimes cuz I have over 150 lbs to lose and it just seems like it will never happen for me! But I am determained to not give up for anything! I am a type 2 diabetic and my #'s have become normal finally! I am keeping it under control for the first time ever! I was diagnosed as a diabetic 4 years ago and could never keep my #'s to normal until now! And so this has made me so happy! And I do feel somewhat better also!
So I know I will get all this weight off of me and no matter how long it takes I will do it someway.....somehow!! And since I have found this place I know I will keep it up and not feel so alone any longer!!
Feel free to drop me a line anytime.....as I love to make new friends and share lifes ups and downs with friends and just give support to each other!!
Thanks for reading this and I am sure U will see me around posting and wanting to always share ideas!

Darlene

Rosebud
Sun, Apr-21-02, 19:46
Hi Darlene, welcome! :wave:
That's great that your diabetes is under such good control - I'm happy for you.

Originally posted by Darlene55

Feel free to drop me a line anytime.....as I love to make new friends and share lifes ups and downs with friends and just give support to each other!!

The best way to make new friends here is to start a journal. You can post your menus if you wish or just generally drop a line or two to let people know how you are going.
You will find info on how to start in the "sticky" at the top of this thread. I think it's even called "How to start a journal!"
You can also go to the My Journal/Bootcamp section and have a sticky beak at what others have written.
Good luck to you, Darlene.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

LittleAnne
Mon, Apr-22-02, 04:57
Hi Darlene and welcome to this forum.

Its great how low carbing can assist type II diabetics, you must be really chuffed to have your sugar levels under control.

The loss of 150 pounds may seem a big uphill task. I am trying to loose about 140 myself and so far since August have lost 28 of them. It is slow going, but I feel great and can do so much more. There are many on this site who are loosing weight very slowly, but they are loosing and thats what counts.

I heartily agree with Rosebud and recommend you keep a journal on this site. It is a great place for others to drop into and to provide information when you need our support and advice. You might like to also consider joining Fitday.com (http://) as an easy way to keep track of your food intake.

This is a great site for information, advice, support and motivation. I hope that you visit it often and keep us posted with how you are getting on.

Every success.

razzle
Mon, Apr-22-02, 10:01
welcome!

LORI JO
Mon, Apr-22-02, 10:32
I've been a member since Friday, but so far have found this to be full of very friendly, supportive people. I know everyone will cheer you along!

The ladies have given you good advice - starting a journal is a good starting point for meeting others. People will read it and answer your questions, give you a pat on the back, steer you in the right direction.

See you soon! :wave:

Lori Jo