PDA

View Full Version : readjusting wieght goal up

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

madeyna
Sun, May-09-10, 09:21
Has anyone adusted thier weight goal up because of loose skin issues? I am back to where I was and was thinking I,d loose twenty so more pounds. I am a little worried that at my age mayby my skin won,t bounce back like it did when I was younger. Does anyone have experiance with sagging skin? Does it tighen back up after awhile? Its not happening yet but at my age I could see it being a problem if I keep loosing. Boobs are already deflating.

*Sheila*
Sun, May-09-10, 12:38
My boobs are the only thing i have a big issue with right now. Unbelievably everything is beginning to tighten up some ~ and I just had the realization on Friday that my skin must have more elasiticy then I thought. I do have a bit of a lower belly (but after a two pregnancies in three years with one of those being a twin pregnancy I expect that. Especially since I had c sections on both). I wont' stop working on it though but it hasn't detered me from my goal number.

madeyna
Sun, May-09-10, 21:54
Thats great to hear . That gives me some hope that I can go keep going without looking bad.

rodmick
Mon, May-10-10, 06:07
I am wondering about this too now that I am 40. At 30 I lost over 80 lbs in 6 months and my skin was terrific. However being older I do not expect that. I hope for it though. If not I figure better lose skin than lots of fat!

cnmLisa
Mon, May-10-10, 08:21
I think that...

a) if you lose it slowly and

b) you really don't have a lot to lose (<50#)

you really shouldn't have a problem.

Now, as you lose fat stores in your face, you may look older because you don't have the fat plumping your face, so that may be an issue.

I found at almost 50 and losing 30 this time around no issues with skin. I don't plan to ose anymore because I don't want my face to look haggy. I'd rather have a bit a fat on my body than look like skelator:eek:

JMO

Progress not perfection.

Lisa

rodmick
Mon, May-10-10, 11:22
Very informative Lisa! I think I will now be happy with my chipmunk cheeks instead of cursing them after what you wrote!

ranmarhall
Mon, May-10-10, 19:51
Has anyone adusted thier weight goal up because of loose skin issues? I am back to where I was and was thinking I,d loose twenty so more pounds. I am a little worried that at my age mayby my skin won,t bounce back like it did when I was younger. Does anyone have experiance with sagging skin? Does it tighen back up after awhile? Its not happening yet but at my age I could see it being a problem if I keep loosing. Boobs are already deflating.

You know, I've thought about this and didn't think I'd be affected. I didn't notice the loose skin issue until my last 30 lbs....I was going along just fine and then BAM -- it was all of a sudden. I had gone to see a doctor about 25 lbs ago and he told me I was a good weight wise (about 195) and because of my age 44 and height I didn't need to lose too much more and I decided to go against that -- and lost another 25 lbs -- and then all of a sudden -- loose skin everywhere!

I'm frustrated...I originally set my goal and have moved it lower and lower and even now, I think I should have another 16 lbs to lose but I'm afraid there will be even more loose skin. I think as long as I wear the right clothes you can't tell there is anything loose, but it does make me more selective in picking out my outfits -- can't wear shirts that are too short sleeves, or shorts that are too high --- and yes, I always wear nylons now -- even under my pants -- just holds things nice and firm!

I guess its something I have to deal with and I don't think that I would change anything --- I needed to get the weight off -- and now I have to deal with what comes with that.

I've toyed with Plastic Surgery several times but I'm just not sure its worth it -- there is risk involved and I wasn't willing to have surgery to lose the weight so I don't think I'm willing to have surgery to remove the skin -- I think its just something I'm going to have to learn to live with it. Hopefully in time, it will become less and less!

madeyna
Tue, May-11-10, 13:27
Thats what has me worried. I had a baby in my mid thirtys then another one in my fortys and know at 45 I am pretty sure my tummy will sag. You lost a amazing amount of weight though. I find it so difficult to get my mind around how much work it will take to lose even fifty pounds, seems impossible unless I look at it in small chucks at a time. You are truly a insperation.