PDA

View Full Version : best drink?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bethie72
Fri, May-07-10, 05:41
Tonight I am going to my sister's surprise party...and I plan on having a few drinks. What do you think is the best option? Red wine? maybe a vodka tonic (does tonic water have any sugar? I wouldn't think so since it's so bitter). Thanks for the advice. I have been doing so well I really want to do as little damage as possible

Amelda
Fri, May-07-10, 05:50
I usually stick with vodka and diet coke or rum and diet coke and have no problems, but I think it's a YMMV thing. I'd avoid tonic water since it does have sugar (or HFCS) unless you're using Diet Tonic water, which is made with Splenda.

Have fun at the part!

skunk
Fri, May-07-10, 06:02
Tonic water has sugar. Wine has carbs, although quite low. Soda water has zero carbs, it's basically just carbonated plain water, so it's the best mixer. Stick to distilled liquors like vodka and whisky, they are nearly zero carbs. I drink whisky on a nearly daily basis, and they merely slow down my loss, i do not gain nor stall on them.

lc lady
Fri, May-07-10, 06:24
Crown and diet coke?

jennr44
Fri, May-07-10, 07:52
vodka selzer and roses lime
or vodka diet tonic lime
having a few of these hasn't been a problem for me

msmum1977
Fri, May-07-10, 08:33
low carb beer & tomato juice mixed 1/2 and 1/2

or Vodka & Club Soda with a splash (1/4 cup at MOST) of orange juice

These are my choices when I drink when is not very often as it seems to really affect me (like I'm really tipsy really fast). Pretty bad that if my hubby (a dedicated beer drinker..usually a couple before dinner each nite) and I go out to dinner, I have one drink as mentioned above with dinner and he has three or four beer with his dinner and HE has to drive home...I'm that drunk from one.

It's kinda embarrassing, actually :)

PurpleBass
Fri, May-07-10, 11:42
I like red wine, or single malt Scotch. But I freely admit I am weird.

Also, MsMum, I love your motto about worrying what people think! Is that from something? 'cause I am totally stealing that. :)

Wikireader
Fri, May-07-10, 15:41
Baccardi and diet coke!!! just like commercial says i hope it is very low carb:)) and tons of water the next day:))

msmum1977
Mon, May-10-10, 10:00
I like red wine, or single malt Scotch. But I freely admit I am weird.

Also, MsMum, I love your motto about worrying what people think! Is that from something? 'cause I am totally stealing that. :)

I saw it somewhere years ago, and it just came to my mind earlier this year. Have no idea where...maybe I got it by email or something, if I recall?

You can totally use, it! If you know where it came from, let me know...I'd like to post a reference fer sure. :D

*Sheila*
Tue, May-11-10, 05:22
When I have a drink it is Vodka and Crystal light (Orange sunrise or Lemonade). YUMMY!

black57
Tue, May-11-10, 07:29
I usually stick with vodka and diet coke or rum and diet coke and have no problems, but I think it's a YMMV thing. I'd avoid tonic water since it does have sugar (or HFCS) unless you're using Diet Tonic water, which is made with Splenda.

Have fun at the part!

Amelda, not to hijack this but I love your tat.

black57
Tue, May-11-10, 07:30
Red wine actually has health benefits...Me personally, I would have a glass of the red.

Robin120
Tue, May-11-10, 08:06
I love flavored vodka with club soda (zero carbs) and a lime wedge- usually I get stoli raspberry (which has 1 or 2 carbs per shot I think?).

At home, my favorite drink is plain vodka (zero carbs) with diet oceanspray cranberry juice (1 carb) or diet lemonade.