PDA

View Full Version : Clothing Improvements

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CMCM
Thu, May-06-10, 00:36
So I dug around in my storage closet today, pulling out a boatload of tank tops and other tops that I bought in years past. Some I have never even worn, and most I haven't wanted to wear for years, actually! Last time I tried them on (maybe in October or so) I looked like a stuffed pig in all of them. Very depressing. But TODAY....my gosh, almost every one of them actually FIT and looked good. It's amazing what a nice change losing inches in your boobs makes! This is where I've lost the fat so far...I've lost about 3 inches up top, also a lot of the back and side fat, so this is why tops are now fitting me. These tops were mediums, even a couple of smalls! Yippee!!

The only downer was pants....I fit into a pair of size 10 crop pants I bought last summer, those looked good. But some of the pants and skirts from my past skinny life (when the heck was that, anyway??) are no-go yet. I could barely pull some of them up, much less zip them. It's obvious my weight loss has been primarily on top, a bit on the bottom. I'm sure hoping I start to drop more fat in the middle-lower areas soon.

Other good news is that I was in a White House/Black Market store trying on pants...I found a nice pair of white cargos in size 12 that were OK at this moment, but almost too large. I took a chance and ordered them in size 10...they came today and THEY FIT!! How exciting!

I finally dropped to 151 today. I'd been hanging at 151.x for over a week. I really hang at every pound I drop. I had hoped to go below 150 by May 1, but it didn't happen. I'm not sure there was anything else I could have done to make it happen except perhaps exercise 8 hours a day.

Oh well....upwards and onwards.

shrl
Thu, May-06-10, 02:26
Good for you. Keep it up. Soon you will fit into all those skinny clothes.

DaddioM
Thu, May-06-10, 03:17
WOOHOO!! I know that feels good when you're raiding the smaller side of your closet!

Congrats!

Mike

karenjs
Thu, May-06-10, 04:57
That is awesome CMCM!!!!! Keep at it. I seem to lose less in the areas I want to lose most in! Maybe it's just because we want to lose there so bad???
Keep up the good work. All those skinny pants will fit soon. :)

Luvhandles
Thu, May-06-10, 05:39
Great job on the loss!! You sound like you lose exactly the same as me!! I have lost 4 inches around my back and bust(a whole cup size in the bra) it really does make a huge difference and I'm also broad shouldered so it's visually noticable. My bottom has gotten smaller as well as my middle BUT I would like to see much more loss in my mid section.. I'm in size 10s finally as well :) however it feels like it has taken forever and it's like 3-5 days to lose a pd on the scale(when the loss is actually happening) hahaha... take what you can get right!?

Cheers to you and your success so far!!

bethie72
Thu, May-06-10, 06:35
Congratulations! there isn't a better feeling than that!

CallmeAnn
Thu, May-06-10, 08:43
That's great news. I just love when old clothes actually fit. I bought some really cheap things in some smaller sizes the other day. The ones with no stretch to the fabric still need some time but they aren't far off. It makes a huge difference for me, what the material is like.
So, have fun in your new body. It's the best reward.

madeyna
Thu, May-06-10, 09:54
Your tread cracked me up. Last night I was reading bed and turned the page and my ring flew off. I retreaved it then dove into the skinny side of my closet, last summers shirts are all fitting again. It was like a fun shopping trip at home . I have also lost a size in the chest but that back fat is hanging on for dear life. My pant size hasn,t changed much in a month I am stuck somewhere between a 10 and a 7 but my feet and ankles are losing. Go figure, but it sure was fun shopping in my closet.

crs
Thu, May-06-10, 21:28
:cheer: congratulations! :cheer:
I too have been in my closet tryin on things that were once to small. Some things still had the tags and other things are now to big. I no longer have a pair of jeans that fit anymore. They are all to big and fall off or hang off of me. I gave away a whole bunch of things to my sister in law last weekend. :)

Keep up the great work!

katyw8y
Thu, May-06-10, 22:09
Awesome!!! There is nothing better!! Can't wait for that to happen to me. My clothes are feeling better but not ready to get rid of any yet.

katmeyster
Thu, May-06-10, 22:48
Cool. I've got a whole bin of summer clothes in the top of the closet -- one of my goals is to be able to wear them this summer. Congrats!

CMCM
Thu, May-06-10, 23:49
Something else funny I've noticed....my FEET are thinner. Same length of course, so same size shoe, but shoes that were a bit tight are now almost lose. Whodathunk?