PDA

View Full Version : Day 37- It was beer day today

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

robertwest
Sat, May-01-10, 23:56
I had to work an early shift today and at the end I had to go by and get my favorite beer. It is low on carbohydrates. I even blogged about it. I am sure my readers are saying, "Hey you! Stay away from the beer while on the Atkins' diet!"

It is just so gooooooood! I wish everyday was beer day.

Read "Day 37- It was beer day today" (http://deardratkins.blogspot.com/2010/05/day-37-it-was-beer-day-today.html)

big_loser
Sun, May-02-10, 00:08
i feel everyday can be a coors light beer day!

skunk
Sun, May-02-10, 00:17
Hmm, if u don't mind, I would like to share my take on beer, since I'm a beer lover as well :)

Light beer is low carb, but not no carb. Usually when i drink beer, i whack at least 6 of 'em....so it all adds up to plenty of carbs, when on a daily basis i'm near zero carbs.

Light beer is also pretty yuck tasting, since we're gonna have a beer-day, might as well make it full flavoured carby beer?

The last time i had a beer day was a month ago. I put on 1kg in a single day....but lost it over the next 3 days eating right and exercising. My point is, if u eat right, one beer day isn't gonna kill ya....just don't make everyday beer day :)

PS: I've been replacing beer with whisky. Distilled spirits are better, many are totally zero carbs :)

Cleveland
Sun, May-02-10, 06:17
honestly I think giving up beer was the hardest sacrifice we made. Not only the taste but the "culture" of microbrewing and trying brews at various brewpubs. I cannot stand light/low carb/mass produced beers, so I am out of luck.

I enjoy wine more now...and now that summer is coming, my favorite cocktail-rum or vodka muddled with fresh lime, mint and a few berries, topped off with club soda is in order. My spearmint survived the winter and has already taken off, so I have plenty for this summer!

robertwest
Sun, May-02-10, 21:31
That sounds great skunk. I will be drinking more rum. I like Bacardi Superior. :)

skunk
Sun, May-02-10, 21:36
Rum's great :) just make sure your mixers are carb-free too :)

skunk
Sun, May-02-10, 21:38
honestly I think giving up beer was the hardest sacrifice we made.

for me, yes. And giving up ice-cream. These are the two wounds that will never heal. It was easy giving up bread, pasta, rice, potatos, even soft drinks.....but beer and ice-cream urgh!!!

big_loser
Mon, May-03-10, 19:24
ahhhh rum! one of my favourite topics!

cleveland - your rum, mint, lime, berry cocktail...i made mojitos last summer using sweetner! worked great!

robertwest - get some golden rums down ya!