PDA

View Full Version : Is bad breath good?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

karenjs
Wed, Apr-21-10, 19:25
I have noticed a pattern lately. Every day I notice that I have that horrible ketosis mouth, my scales drop the next day. The days that I don't notice it as much, the scales don't drop as much.

I don't think it is a change in my diet causing it as I eat almost all the same ingredients each week, just in different combinations. Maybe it is because my mouth is like cotton so I drink more water?

At least I finally have a good reason to look forward to that horrible nasty ketosis breath and cotton mouth! :lol:

PinkPDots
Sun, Apr-25-10, 11:08
What I know about the awful ketosis-breath is that it starts in your stomach. So eating enough veggies and drinking enough water help to curb it. You could also try adding a little lemon juice to your water, 1 carb per Tbs and it neutralizes the bad breath before it starts.

So I guess, yeah, it's a way to tell that you're in ketosis, but I know I don't want to walk around all day with keto-breath, ugh! haha.

Hope this helps, and congrats on your weight loss!

CMCM
Sun, Apr-25-10, 14:41
DH and I are now in week 8, and the bad breath doesn't seem to be an issue any more. Maybe it just happens in the early stages??? I can't remember exactly, but it seems like it just happened in the first 2 or 3 weeks.

karenjs
Mon, Apr-26-10, 04:58
CMCM - Are you still on induction?

madeyna
Mon, Apr-26-10, 08:14
I noticed it when I have had my biggest drops as well :agree: not so much when things are slow and steady or just slow anyway :lol:

Merpig
Mon, Apr-26-10, 10:13
DH and I are now in week 8, and the bad breath doesn't seem to be an issue any more. Maybe it just happens in the early stages??? I can't remember exactly, but it seems like it just happened in the first 2 or 3 weeks.I still get severe bad breath episodes, even after 4+ years of being LC. But I never find it correlated to weight loss in any way.

CMCM
Mon, Apr-26-10, 11:08
CMCM - Are you still on induction?

Yes, and I'm very careful although I still end up a bit over 20 sometimes. My goal is always 20 or less, and most of the time I hit that.

karenjs
Tue, Apr-27-10, 05:02
I'm thinking I'm going to try upping my water intake. I've slipped on that a little lately.

skunk
Tue, Apr-27-10, 05:15
I think it's just the way we're supposed to smell like? And we find it "stinky" merely because we're not used to it? Just like how early European settlers found that native Americans "stank", not really because they stink, but it's just a different smell.

Just like how I think my dog "smells", but actually, it's just a natural doggy smell!

For me, I treat it as going back to the way we were supposed to be :)