PDA

View Full Version : Flaxmeal?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

cdj1966
Wed, Apr-14-10, 07:00
Is flaxmeal allowed on induction?

I made some flaxmeal muffins last night and thought I would eat one a day in order to keep constipation at bay. I got the recipe off this site.

Thanks for any help.

Cheryl

Elizellen
Wed, Apr-14-10, 07:12
In DANDR 2002 Dr Atkins recommends ground flax (linseed in UK) as one of the three possible fibre supplements you can add - his preference was fora tablespoon of psyllium husks in water or to sprinkle a tablespoon of wheat bran or ground flax over foods.

So adding the 4 tablespoons that most flax muffins require might be too much for you all at once (it is one of those YMMV things).

Drink plenty of extra water if you do add any of these extra fibre stuffs as they can cause a blockage on the way out through your body, and don't worry about any unexplained weight gains till your body is passing them through, as you could be weighing yourself plus 'Mr Poo'!!