PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm a newbie!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sjl
Fri, Apr-19-02, 06:55
I just started Atkins yesterday. I am going through serious withdrawal and it sucks!! Actually, the headache was terrible last night, today I just have MAJOR hunger pains, no matter how much I eat! And I didn't sleep too well last night either.
I am worried b/c I was mixing my water with Crystal Light yesterday, didn't even realize it had aspartame until last night!
I have not lost any weight yet, actually, I gained a pound... is that normal?

Hopefully I feel better soon, at least I found a great board, right? ;)

Sarah

2bfit
Fri, Apr-19-02, 07:10
Hi, Sarah, and Welcome! You're right...you found a great board! I have learned tons here. :D

Please don't get discouraged yet. The first couple of days will be hard. I had headaches, too, and I had no shame about taking Advil for it. I just refused to suffer through that part! :p

What I feel has helped me is -
- Water (tons of it)
- Fitday.com (has helped me to learn the values of food)
- Reading this board (great information and advice)
- Watching the dairy intake (specifically cheese)

It *will* get easier. If you're hungry, you should eat....just eat the items that are on the induction list. What's amazing is that you MUST eat for this plan to be effective. What a concept - one that I like!!! :lol:

Good luck in your low-carb quest. I'll be here cheering you on! :clap:

Akiwican
Fri, Apr-19-02, 08:11
Hello and welcome

You are going through withdrawal from carbs.... it happens to all of us in one degree or another. The stomach pains are most likely not hunger pains... but cramps from the withdrawal.

Drink water till you float! :) Best to have just plain water rather than crystal light. I dont think you could drink the amount of water you need if you mix it up as crystal light.

Good luck

:wave: Akiwican

sjl
Fri, Apr-19-02, 08:27
Thanks you guys! Actually, the pains and all just went away on their own after awhile, so now I am feeling great. I was really nervous at first, but as I kept reading I realized they were just withdrawal symptoms, so I can deal with it!

I will be sure to keep coming back here... I have already found a lot of info!

Oh, as to the Crystal Light, my plan yesterday was mixing just a TEENY bit with water, just enough to give a bit of flavor. I stopped since I read it has aspartame... just water for me today!

Sarah