PDA

View Full Version : Dreams

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Vpeach
Sun, Mar-28-10, 10:04
I've noticed this past week since I've upped my fat intake that I've been having vivid dreams. Nothing about eating high carb foods, but just....real feeling dreams.

Anyone else notice a change in the quality of your dreams since you starting eating higher levels of fat?

mer23
Sun, Mar-28-10, 10:57
I got that when I gave up smoking a few months ago....really vivid dreams. I still get them but I think I sleep better when doing high fat, so don't remember the dreams so much

karenjs
Sun, Mar-28-10, 16:50
I find that I sleep better when on Atkins. Deeper sleep probably means more dreams for most people.

mike_d
Sun, Mar-28-10, 18:34
Yeah, same here. I think ill give up taking the 1 mg melatonin if it keeps up or take less.

Linderella
Mon, Mar-29-10, 08:32
I only need half a melatonin to sleep now and it seems to work better than a whole one. I sleep very deep and for much longer than I did before low carbing. The benefits of this WOE are unbelievable.

MsGinger
Mon, Mar-29-10, 09:56
When I began Induction, I had dreams about eating lucky charms cereal, and an entire box of donuts. I panicked, in my dream I was thinking, "What did I just do?" And even when I woke up, I had to stop and think if it really did happen or if it was just a dream. I don't even keep stuff like that in my house, but the dream seemed so real, it's almost as if I felt the texture of the donuts and the sugar. I felt awful, felt like I totally lost control.
I've had a few dreams where I was eating carbs, bad sugary carbs, since I've been eating this way.
So glad it was just a dream.

lyndahh75
Mon, Mar-29-10, 16:18
I have always had vivid dreams. Now, I find that I dream that I fell off the wagon and wake up so mad at myself...thank God it is just a dream

Ibot
Tue, Mar-30-10, 13:06
Oh yeah! Actually ever since going LC, I've noticed that I sleep better and I have the best, happiest dreams I've had in years.

If I have a higher fat day, it's even more pronounced. Have you ever done a dream journal?
Tobi

Ibot
Tue, Mar-30-10, 13:21
Oh yeah! Actually ever since going LC, I've noticed that I sleep better and I have the best, happiest dreams I've had in years.

If I have a higher fat day, it's even more pronounced. Have you ever done a dream journal?
Tobi

Romulas
Wed, Mar-31-10, 04:27
Woops I think I posted to the wrong forum this morning..

Sorry... Guess that early in the AM I need to be a little careful..

*Sheila*
Wed, Mar-31-10, 05:30
Ah, my dreams are always off the charts, or not all. LOL

MsGinger
Wed, Mar-31-10, 06:23
Congratulations Romulas!
I've read what others eventually figure out what seems to stall them, and Atkins bars and drinks are on the list. I've been tweaking my woe and cut out artificial sweetener/Splenda as well as heavy cream (for my coffee). I tend to use way more than the allowable 3 or 4 Tbls. per day, so I'll drink my coffee black for now. But I feel I'm (and have been) gaining and losing these past 2 lbs. for a few weeks now.
Get's frustrating, but I'll figure it out eventually.

Romulas
Wed, Mar-31-10, 15:12
Congratulations Romulas!
I've read what others eventually figure out what seems to stall them, and Atkins bars and drinks are on the list. I've been tweaking my woe and cut out artificial sweetener/Splenda as well as heavy cream (for my coffee). I tend to use way more than the allowable 3 or 4 Tbls. per day, so I'll drink my coffee black for now. But I feel I'm (and have been) gaining and losing these past 2 lbs. for a few weeks now.
Get's frustrating, but I'll figure it out eventually.

Oh Thanx MsGinger, But I have had great success using then as a meal replacement. But seems a little off now.. Currently I have lost 161 pounds and for a lot of that time (June of last Year) I have had the bars on occasion.. It is a quick and easy meal replacement... But I was using them also over the weekend as a snack.... Need to quit that and finish this change.. I am hoping to be done by end of July or there about..

pinkelsie
Wed, Mar-31-10, 15:48
In induction always have dreams that I blew my diet by eating candy or something...then I wake up with a huge sense of relief.

Also, this is unrelated, but I used to take Xanax for anxiety and it gave me horrible, violent, vivid nightmares..so I stopped taking it :O)