PDA

View Full Version : Haligonians?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

slimchance
Thu, Apr-18-02, 07:55
Hey out there! :wave:

Just wondering if there are many of us Haligonians out there? I know there are a few of us posting around. :D

All the best LCing everyone!!

KC
:roll:

TammyD
Thu, Apr-18-02, 13:39
I guess we're all HRM now anyway.

I live and work in Dartmouth...Y'all have to come to the BIO open house here in Dartmouth It's the weekend after next and is going to be very cool.

From the resturants and stuff around here I wouldn't say low carb is very prevelant. Oh well I feel great about this WOE anyway. I usually temper any explanation of it by saying I'm just not eating sugar and starch.

Well just thought I'd check in...

annaL
Wed, Apr-24-02, 04:48
Eastern Passage here!!

slimchance
Wed, Apr-24-02, 07:48
Hi all! :wave:

I thought that this might be a good place to post any LC findings around the HRM.

A couple of things that I have found are the Sobeys "our compliments" honey garlic chicken wings have only 1.8g carbs per 3 wings.

You can find pork rinds at both Zellers and the Bulk Barn in plain and BBQ.

Can you tell that I miss my snack foods?? :p

Cheers,

KC :roll:

Kiss
Mon, Jul-15-02, 10:33
Hi, I am from Halifax. I am glad I found this thread. Now I know where to buy pork grinds !! I wanna try them really badly. Do they taste good ?

Anyways... I started atkins about 20 days ago now .. I messed up once but got back on track. I've lost since I started about 16 pds.

My start weight 268/251/140

:)

Good luck at low carbing everyone

(((hugs)))

Kiss
Mon, Jul-15-02, 10:42
Just wanted to also ask .. do you know where in the halifax area where one could buy atkin products ?