PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

theresa
Thu, Apr-18-02, 05:01
:wave: Hi Guys! My name is Theresa, and I am AGAIN starting this Adkins WOL TODAY! Five years ago I starting ADKINS and lost 30 pounds down to my goal weight of 125. Well, because of life changes (jobs, kids, hysterectomy, etc.) I stopped eating this way and SURPRISE....... I gained all the weight back and more. Now I'm sitting on 154 pounds and feel guilty, fat, and just not very good about myself. I'm 141, with a 20, 17, and 16 year old children, plus a 15 and 18 year old step children. Not to mention my beautiful 3 year old granddaughter. These kids alone will cause stress as you know. I am usually on the road with my job at least 3-5 days a week and living in a hotel room is not easy. This week I am home because my 16 year old broke her arm. Good excuse, and I needed the rest. But, the time made me take a look at myself that wasn't very nice. SO...... today I'm starting back at this. PLEASE GUYS I NEED YOU HELP!!!!!

Theresa :idea:

LittleAnne
Thu, Apr-18-02, 08:40
Hi Theresa and welcome to this forum.

Aren't you good for 141(!) you must be in the Guiness book of records. But seriously now, I'm glad that youve decided to come back to the low carb way of life. As you know, it works, so make this a change for life. You're family will certainly keep you on your toes.

Every success with your low carb journey. Why not keep a journal on this site to keep a record of your progress.

disneybebe
Thu, Apr-18-02, 10:16
Hi Theresa,
Hiya, welcome to this forum!
I'm sorry to hear that your kid broke her arm. I hope that she'd be feeling 100% again soon.
We're here for support :cheer: I've gotten a great deal of help, support & sound advice from other members. I've also made some new friends, Little Ann is one of them ;) Will talk to u again soon.
Happy low-carbing!

Bebe :wave:

theresa
Thu, Apr-18-02, 10:50
Thanks for your reply! As you can see, I do not type very well early in the morning. Even though sometimes I think I feel 141 years old..... Almost 42 is bad enough!

Doing great so far!

Theresa

EllieEats
Thu, Apr-18-02, 16:35
Welcome Teresa!!
Sounds like you got your hands full!! And you could probably use some of the extra energy LCing gives!!

We're all here to support each other.... and you've done this before so maybe you can help others too!

Grab a chicken leg and jump right in!! Browse around and don't be afraid to ask questions. A journal is an excellent idea.... also gives a place to vent the day to day things.

Hang in there..... hope to see more of you around the forum!
Ellie :wave: