PDA

View Full Version : Really new here.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Twinmum
Sat, Mar-20-10, 13:05
Hi, I am Gina.

I am starting Atkins tomorrow and was doing some searching online and found this site. I was impressed with the recipie section already!

I have almost 120 pounds to loose and am also considering gastric bypass. I would like to try and avoid that, so I thought really hard about a lifestyle plan I could live with and am giving LC a chance.

I hope to be a contributing and successful member of this forum.

Nice to meet you all ;)

candyann
Sat, Mar-20-10, 13:15
Good luck! I did Adkins a few years back and I enjoyed coming to this site for support.

BERRIES
Sat, Mar-20-10, 14:11
:wave: WELCOME! The best place to be!!

wowimheavy
Sat, Mar-20-10, 14:43
Twinmum,

This site is an AMAZING resource for anything low carb. The people, encouragement, recipes, success stories, progress photo galleries and everything else keeps all of us going.

I thought about getting surgery too, but it was so expensive and not worth the risk IMO. No offense to anyone who has it or plans on getting it - it just wasn't for me.

I told myself that it was still going to take time to lose weight after the surgery, why not take it into my own hands and just do low carb. Sure, it may take a little longer, but I would save about $12-$15k (I dont have health ins.)

Good luck to you! There are a lot of us here with 100+ lbs to lose but we are all here for eachother so please make this site a part of your day (keeping a journal is invaluable).

Dave

bkloots
Sat, Mar-20-10, 16:01
Welcome, Gina. I'm sure you'll find a friendly and helpful group here.

Congrats for deciding to try another dietary solution before surgery. Post-surgery requires some extreme dietary changes anyway, and from what I've read, many people have a tough time making the adjustment.

Atkins is an excellent starting point for a Low-carb lifestyle. I recommend getting a copy of a book actually written by Dr. Atkins--either 1972/73, 1992/98 (my favorite), or 2002. You'll want to read them thoroughly, and not just rely on website advice.

If you have questions, this forum is a reliable resource.

Best wishes.