PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone... I am back

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

candyann
Wed, Mar-10-10, 15:02
Hi,

I was last on this website in 2006 (I looked at my profile and I was a senior in college when I started.) I originally started the Atkins version of low-carb, but I had a really really difficult time sticking with low-carb for any period of time for more than 2 weeks. So I started a nasty pattern of low carb for a few weeks, then major carb binge. I loved being on low carb, but for some reason I kept getting sucked into the cheating cycle. Needless to say, I gained more weight and then decided to do WW. I did loose weight, but I always felt hungry and I was sooo sick of counting points. Long story short, in October of 09 I made the decision to re-start low carb. Instead of repeating the failure of the past, I decided to create my own plan: no counting carbs, no breads, pastas, flour, sugars, I could eat limited fruits, drink on the weekend, and have 1 cheat meal a month. Result: sucess. I was able to to stick with my new way of eating and I felt great! I lost weight throughout the holiday season and I was so happy. Downfall: sickness. I moved to Hawaii at the start of January 10' and I fell ill with pneumonia. I hit my goal weight, but the doctors said that I would have to eat carbs again in order to heal quicker. Sooo.... from my goal weight of 120lbs in January, I have now ballooned back up to 140lbs. Yuck! I have been doing low-carb again since 02/23/10, but I haven't been smart about it. I have been eating a ton of dried fruit, and eating way too much. I am ready to get back on track and feel healthy and happy again. I am hoping that these forums will prove helpful through round 2 of my eating lifestyle. I'm back. :wave:

chermac
Wed, Mar-10-10, 19:05
Welcome back, and I guess you know the drill. Good support, great advice, fantastic recipes, etc. Still....you've got your patterns and weaknesses targetted and you know your downfalls. Time to get on the bus and make a committment to a healthy future. Go easy on yourself, gain your strength back and enjoy your low carb WOE. :sunny:

FatFreeMe
Wed, Mar-10-10, 21:04
Hi CandyAnn, welcome back.
try and make it 2 weeks w/o a cheat,
it will be worth it.
also, there is a thread for moderate carb diet
that has some activity on it that might interest
you.
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=381169&page=21&pp=15

AirsoftGal
Wed, Mar-10-10, 21:26
Welcome back and good luck!

candyann
Wed, Mar-10-10, 21:46
Thanks everyone! Good to be back!

noell
Wed, Mar-10-10, 22:23
Welcome back! I am in the same boat with you right now! Hopefully we will both be successful!