PDA

View Full Version : Hello there! Remember me?!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bushong6
Wed, Apr-17-02, 15:58
Hello everyone! :wave: Oh, I am so hoping that some of you familiar faces will still be here and pop in to say hi! I've missed you!

As some of you may remember, I went on Atkins in Dec./Jan. I ended up in the ER with severe intestinal troubles, like always. :o I ended up throwing in the towel; very disappointed and frustrated. :( Unfortunately, the weight hasn't gotten any better.

The woman that does my nails told me she was going to start a new weight-loss program. Of course, my ears perked up when I heard that. ;) She explained this program done by a doctor that has had great success, and to my delight, the doctor that I had while pregnant with Eli (2) is the one that has begun this program! He is so kind and compassionate...I would not be embarressed at all to go to him for help!

So I called right away to schedule an appt. I was so disappointed to be told the soonest they could see me was May! :eek: Much to my surprise, they called a couple weeks later and got me in sooner. Yesterday was my first appt.!

I am so optimistic! Hopeful beyond words! I was super happy to see the diet is low-carb and that I'd be able to come here to share with you all once again! This is the best place ever for support and inspiration, I tell ya!

So I am going to start writing in my journal once again. Think I should start a new one??? Hmmm...maybe that's an idea! Anyway, how's everyone doing?! Please say hi and let me know how you are?!

doreen T
Wed, Apr-17-02, 16:18
hi Shauna,

Glad to see you back, and glad that everything healthwise turned out ok. Wow, that's great that you found a doctor who will work with low-carbing :thup:

I think it's a great idea to start up your journal where you left off :) To find it, all you have to do is click on the http://forum.lowcarber.org/images/journal.gif link at the bottom of all your posts. One journal per member .. the main reason is that the link will only ever go to the first thread you start, so any new journal thread won't work.

Welcome back, and happy low carbing :)

Doreen

tamarian
Wed, Apr-17-02, 16:18
Hi Shauna,

Welcome back! :thup:

Wa'il

LittleAnne
Thu, Apr-18-02, 02:54
Hi Shauna

Welcome back to this site. I'm glad things look to be going well for you and I wish you every success with your new low carb plan.