PDA

View Full Version : the newest newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dorrose
Mon, Mar-08-10, 08:58
Hi Everyone - I just discovered this forum this morning.
I have battled with weight pretty much all of my life. At one point I was 220lbs. and lost 60lbs on the Atkins plan...that was quite a few years ago. I started the Atkins plan last Thursday at a weight of 172, I am 169 today and really want to get down to 150.

I want to lose 22lbs for my overall health but I also have a short term goal of a trip to Barcelona in May. I actually would like to lose 32lbs. but I think that is an unrealistic goal in 9 weeks. I have been working with a trainer since the beginning of Feb and eating lean protein, healthy carbs and vegs. I find it very hard to stick to this on the weekends and so have not had any weight loss in a month.

I need the accountability of the keto stick. I remember the first 2 weeks are pretty easy..just protein. But I am looking to become a part of this wonderful support thing you guys have going on and also to learn how to do the diet again.

8 weeks this Friday the plane takes my boyfriend and I to Spain...can I do it??!!..Can I be confident and excited about the adventure (rather than have that nagging thinking in the back of my mind of how I look and don't feel comfortable)? I want it badly and want to do the weekly countdown with people that understand and support me. Once I get acclimated I'm the first one to give back..support, recipes,...

So that's my story.
The newest newbie, Dorrose

DaddioM
Tue, Mar-09-10, 02:02
Hey newest newbie... the biggest thing is starting again and taking back control of food. If you want to join a challenge and be part of a support group, there is a challenge I started... here is the link. Look at the first post for the rules if you're interested.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=373321

GOOD LUCK!

Mike

LC_mermaid
Tue, Mar-09-10, 20:39
Hi Dorrose, you sound like you have the prize in sight and determination on your side. Good luck!

blk519
Wed, Mar-10-10, 05:51
welcome and good luck