PDA

View Full Version : 52 year old male in Austin,TX

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

vonfilm
Wed, Mar-03-10, 09:22
I have started a low carb diet because of a "Biggest Loser" contest at my place of employment. I started at 248 pounds and my goal is 175 pounds. The contest goes for 9 months and the winner takes a pot of $10 a month per entrant(about 25 participants) I don't really care if I win as losing weight is my real goal. The contest is just extra motivation and support. Nevertheless I think my chances are good because I have a lot to lose and I think men generally lose weight faster than women.

I am planning to follow the old(1964) Drinking Man's diet. This is a low carb diet allowing no more than 60 grams of carbohydrates a day and alcoholic beverages in moderation.

About 20 years ago I dropped from 230 to 165 living on almost nothing but low calorie frozen entrees. I gradually gained back the weight and more over the last 20 years. I got married and had a child in the meantime and had less control over my diet. My wife will be dieting with me. She will use a Weightwatcher's diet.

I love meat,fish, non-starchy vegetables, and good red wine. I can leave behind bread, pasta, cookies, sugar, artificial sweeteners. I think I can stick with this diet.

I will be following this forum for ideas and continued motivation.

DaddioM
Wed, Mar-03-10, 21:58
Welcome to the forum! Although I DO like breads and cookies, I too felt this was the diet I could stick to! Dinnertime at your house between weight watchers and LC is going to be interesting!:lol:

Good luck!

Mike

BERRIES
Thu, Mar-04-10, 01:47
:wave: Welcome!! Best place to be!!

rpavich
Thu, Mar-04-10, 02:29
Welcome Vonfilm!
You will find a lot of like-minded people here...we all want to be losers!