PDA

View Full Version : Hi there!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

peony2010
Sat, Feb-27-10, 06:54
Hi there,
I'm desperate to lose twenty pounds, to feel happy and fit again. I keep trying to low-carb, but every 3 days or so, just "lose it" and go crazy with carbs. I keep going in circles. I'm hoping by joining a support forum of like-minded people, it will give me the strength and insight to be successful. It's good to know there are so many strugging and so many successful. I'm going to re-start South Beach today.

Brandy23
Sat, Feb-27-10, 07:20
Welcome peony, you have coem to the right pace. After that frist week gets behind you, believe me it gets ALOT easier to hang in there. There are many, many people here that will support you. We are all here in this together. Whenever you need someone to talk to, come by my journal anytime. Hold yor head up, and show yourself that YOU can do it. Best of luck to you.
Brandy

nurselisa
Sat, Feb-27-10, 09:40
Peony,
Welcome. I think the real key to success on this diet is making sure to eat enough fat and eat foods with that real "WOW" factor like steak, lots of butter, bacon, whatever it is for you. Then, you will be full and excited about what you get to eat, not what you don't. I don't really know much about South Beach, but that's what has kept me going on Atkins for two months without any major cheats. When I am hungry, I don't snack. I eat a full meal until satisfied. That really helps, also. No grazing!

chermac
Sat, Feb-27-10, 09:49
Hang in there Peony. The 3rd day is always the hardest. Have you considered trying a week of Atkins Induction before heading onto South Beach? That might be enough to get all the sugar & crap out of your system and make the SB journey a lot easier. Also, if you can box up all the "taboo" foods and get them out of the house, you'll find the first few days a whole lot easier.

peony2010
Sat, Feb-27-10, 10:42
Thank you all for the great welcome. I actually am tempted to switch to Atkins, but I'm afraid it is too strict and I'll fail. I'm often tempted by fruit because I know it's full of nutrients. Maybe I will, though.