PDA

View Full Version : Senior Newbie....sort of.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jude
Mon, Feb-22-10, 00:31
Hi Everyone,

I am a senior (coming up 68 in a few months), but I'm more of a comeback kid than a newbie. I started on Atkins back in July 2002 and I lost 60 lbs. Unfortunately, I've gained back 45. I also discovered this forum when I started Atkins. The people here made all the difference to my success. I'm hoping that'll happen again.

I still feel like a newbie though. So many more people than when I was here before. If I remember right, the total weight lost was just over 100,000 lbs. and that seemed like a lot then.

Here's to a new old learning experience. At least this time I know it's possible.

bkloots
Mon, Feb-22-10, 04:24
Hey, Jude. Welcome back. Never too late for a comeback. Is 68 the new 40? Not exactly. However, I do recommend weight-bearing exercise as an excellent enhancement to your LC program. You'll be feeling fabulous again soon.

Best wishes. (sneaking up on 64)

LC_mermaid
Mon, Feb-22-10, 11:25
Senoir newbie, so funny. This is the best year to get to goal 2010~Slim again is my motto. The thing about re-starters is you already have some good strageties that you know have really worked. You can do this! Good luck

jude
Wed, Feb-24-10, 16:33
Thanks so much for the encouragement, Barbara and LC. I've missed being a part of this group. Even though I'm 8 years older (Yikes!) than when I first started lowcarbing I don't "feel" older, probably a few more wrinkles, but my eyes aren't as good as they used to be so I can't see them.

Are people still using Fitday to keep track of what they're eating?

GonnaDoIt!
Thu, Feb-25-10, 11:09
Welcome back to LCing! I have used FitDay in the past, but started using My P.L.A.N this time around. Takes getting used to, but not so bad once you figure out its glitches. I like having it right here instead of having to do FitDay on a separate website. It is a matter of choice for everyone here on which program makes them more comfortable.

Good luck with losing weight - you will do it!

jude
Fri, Feb-26-10, 13:30
Hi Susan,

MY PLAN looks interesting. One of the things I do like is create a recipe. I've included lots of recipes at Fitday as custom foods, but with no details....really annoying when you try to repeat them weeks or months later. I do wish metric wasn't so prominent in My Plan. What's wrong with lb, oz, tblsp, tsp or cups these days? If someone says 1 cup or 1 tablestoon to me I know exactly what they're talking about, but I can't picture 500 ml or 100 gm. Oh well, the joys of being a senior in the 21st Century.

What made you go with Atkins 72? I think that's the version I resisted in my 30's because it seemed unbelievable. (Fool, that I was !)

judy