PDA

View Full Version : Newone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Mister230
Sun, Feb-21-10, 13:57
I just registered today and I want to say hello to everyone.
My goal is lose at least 40 to 50 lbs to begin with. I have been a member of this forum several years ago and I did get amazing results at the time but for some reasons that I won't attempt to explain, I fell apart and here I am. It is time to refocus. I will reread the Eades books "Protein Power" and Protein Power Life Plan" that I must agree, always impressed me the most.
I am 66 years old, the heaviest that I have ever been in my life, cholesterol is too high and a high risk of heart disease according to my doctor.
As I say, I will start by reading a lot, gather information from the forum and get back on track with self discipline.
Looking forward to a better lifeplan.

divotdiva
Sun, Feb-21-10, 19:03
Hi there, Newone. I'm just registered today as well so I wish you much success on your journey. I've ready some great posts and know that we'll get good advice to help us along the way.

Just wanted to say hi from another newbie that's been down this road before, fell off the wayside, and is getting re-focused.
Diva
230/230/165

BERRIES
Sun, Feb-21-10, 21:41
:wave: Welcome!! Glad to have ya here :)

bkloots
Mon, Feb-22-10, 04:29
Your doc will be pleased with your results in three months. Read those books, redesign your life, and you'll be off and running--in more ways than one.

Best wishes.

Mister230
Mon, Feb-22-10, 10:09
The ball is rolling and thankyou all for the support, I feel that I have some control and lost a few pounds already.

LC_mermaid
Mon, Feb-22-10, 13:04
Congrats on losing 2 lbs! It looks like you are on the right track. Good luck.

CValentine
Mon, Feb-22-10, 14:52
Awesome MisterE!! 2 pound GONE!!!

Glad to have you here with us!! :) ~Cheryl

Mister230
Mon, Feb-22-10, 18:16
I just recieved my 5 year pin at my membership club. Hardly a day goes by that I don't go there and play billiard. That isn't so bad but it's the food and the booze including very little respect for LCing. Most of the ppl at the club seems to think that huge platters of processed meat served with Kaiser buns,mustard, pickles and ketchup is the right way to eat. Not to mention a huge cake on everyones birthday.
Now that is a challenge but I will deal with it. I usually drink draft beer to the capacity of 20 oz per glass (big coke glass filled all the way to the rim) at the rate of two or three per day to the tune of 40 to 60oz per day on a normal enjoyment time. Now you begin to see the extent of the problem.
Well, two weeks ago I started to walk 3 miles per day, watching the carbs and making better food choices. Today was the first day where I played billiard and never had a beer and I sure hope it will go on that way. Beer is my worst enemy when it comes to weight reduction.
Things are lookin up

Mister230
Tue, Feb-23-10, 12:56
Now, for the good news, my weight nose dived this morning to 225. At this time, here is what I'm doing.
I walk my 3 miles early in the morning before having breakfast. I have taken the cream and the sugar out of my coffee along with all pastries. All rice, grains (including cereals) bread and milk are out. All flour products are excluded. Sucrose and fructose are also out with a number of other things.
What do I eat? ......celery, zucchini, cuccumber, spinach, onion, garlic, tofu, eggs without the yolk. I cook fish with minimal amount of butter, salt and tiny bit of olive oil keeping the calories down to a minimum. My salad is usually a combination of greens from dandelion to kale mixed with regular ceasar or toss. For the dressing, i use a minimal amount of olive oil mixed with lemon juice.
This is the start, I feel good and on the right track.
Now i'm going to the club and i will have no beers. Instead, i will drink two bottles of cold bottle water.

Luvhandles
Tue, Feb-23-10, 13:29
Good Job!! For me personally, going LC has made me feel so much better.. it's almost like the weight loss is the bonus instead of the other way around. When I started it was to get the weight down and now that I'm seeing the loss that's great but the fact that I feel great is even better :) Feeling great is what has kept me motivated and on track. Sounds to me like you are well on your way as well! :)

Mister230
Wed, Feb-24-10, 09:57
I wish someone would tell me how to transfer the Weight Loss Ticker to my posts. I have managed to get it on my desktop but how do I get it in the LC Forum everytime I submit a post. I wish I knew more about computers but any help will be appreciated.

Brandy23
Wed, Feb-24-10, 10:24
well, are you using the tickerfactory.com to track your weight loss? Or what ever weight loss tracker, if it has a code that can be "copied and pasted" I can explain how you do that. Most of the time the codes are going to be called bb, url, or img codes. It is a bunch of different letters and dashes and junk, any way. right click and hold then move your mouse around until the whole thing has been highlighted blue. After that click copy. Then come back here and go to your user cp and then click on signature. there is a big white box toward the middles of your page. right click in that box and click paste. after that, scroll to the bottom and click preveiw, see if it saved correctly, if it did, hit save. sorry i had to type so much, not sure if you knew anything about copy and pasting. if you still don't understand what i am saying, just come to my journal ans let me know.
hope this helps, brandy

Mister230
Wed, Feb-24-10, 11:04
Thankyou so very much, i will try it later on in the day when I come back.

Brandy23
Wed, Feb-24-10, 11:09
no problem, just let me know if you need anymore help with it.

kazLaJauna
Wed, Feb-24-10, 23:26
I noticed that you are only eating egg whites and very little oil. I don't think Protein Power or Atkins promote a low cal/low fat lifestyle. Eat your fat man! It will give you a boost of energy and help you in feeling full and satisfied.
Blessings,

Mister230
Thu, Feb-25-10, 11:45
Hi Kaz, refer to page 97, the first Protein Power book writtens by the Eades. Start at the middle paragraph and you will get some insight into my health condition as to why egg yolks are excluded. I must also say that once a week, out of two large eggs, I allow for half a yolk for the good taste.
I have arthritis in both shoulders to the extend that I can barely lift my right arm and both of my hip joint ache when I go for my 3 mile walk, to the extent that I have to stop and and let the pain go away.
The doctor wanted me on blood pressure lowering drugs and i'm already on 20mg of Lipitor. I'm seeing the doctor following more blood works in a month and I dont want anymore drugs. As of today, i have lost a total of 12 lbs and already I have noticable relief from arthritis and my blood pressure has gone down some. I believe that I'm on the right track and I really feel good. I appreciate your opinion and have a nice day.

Brandy23
Thu, Feb-25-10, 11:53
misterone i posted you a message in my journal abou your ticker. i had to copy and paste something in there so go ther eto read it lol. sorry