PDA

View Full Version : OK...here I go!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

carlya
Tue, Apr-16-02, 15:38
Ok...here I go! While I am pretty familiar with the low carb lifstyle (lost 60 lbs about four years ago), this posting things on a forum is completely new to me. So, you may have to bear with me for a bit. Actually, this post is more of a trial post to see what happens next and figure out how all of this works. Plus, I want to see my name on the left hand side of the screen with the little percentace icon under my previous/current/goal weight. I promise my next post will be extremely witty and brilliant.

carlya

Rosebud
Tue, Apr-16-02, 18:33
Hi Carlya,
Welcome to the site! :wave:
Wit and brilliance aren't requirements here, although they're always welcome! :p
Congratulations on the 60 lbs! That's a lot of fat! Did you keep it off or did some of it sneak back on while you weren't looking?
The best way to figure out all of this posting stuff is to just have a good old sticky beak around. Click on whatever you like, you can't harm anything.
I'd also suggest you start keeping a journal here. If you look at the top of this thread, you'll see a "sticky" with info on how. Keeping a journal is a great way to access help and encouragement from others.
Cheers, Carlya!

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

Princesspp
Tue, Apr-16-02, 20:29
Originally posted by Rosebud
The best way to figure out all of this posting stuff is to just have a good old sticky beak around. Click on whatever you like, you can't harm anything.

You figured out how to create a posting .. that's the first step! :D

Ditto with what Rosebud told you .. anything that you're "not allowed" into will just give you a message ... no smoke will come out of your computer :lol:

Welcome to the most wonderful site on the "I-net". The people here are the most helpful I've found in a long time. There's alot of very intellegent people on this site that really know there stuff... and then there's people like me ... I'm part of the "rooting" section :D :cheer: :D

Welcome again!!! and I hope you have as much fun here as I have since I've joined!!! :wave:

carlya
Wed, Apr-17-02, 10:02
Yippee!! I got replies. I know this probably sounds silly, but I was abolutely tickled pink to come in and find the encouraging notes. Well, maybe it doesn't sound too silly...because I know that support and encouragement is why this site was set up and everybody comes here for the support. But, seeing those two replies, felt a bit like a birthday...you know (at least you are pretty sure) you are going to get a present, but it still feels wonderful and a little bit magic to actually get the present. So, thank you for the gifts.

I am 28. About four years ago, I went on the PP plan and lost about 60 pounds in 7 months. Since that time I have kept LC in the back of my mind and kind of, sort of, sometimes, tried to have a LC WOL. But, didn't always succeed. In the past 3 1/2 years I have gained about 20 of those pounds back (most of them have been in the past 6 months). BUT, I have kept 40 of them off. YEA! From past experience, I know that this is something I can do...and do successfully. Thanks for the help you all are giving along the way.

Carlya

deb_o
Wed, Apr-17-02, 10:20
You've found a great place here!
My first couple of days on this site, I just clicked wherever, and found SO much here. There is a wealth of information, and caring people.
At the top of the page, click on the faq icon. Very informative!

Looking forward to seeing you around the site! :wave:

Princesspp
Wed, Apr-17-02, 12:10
No ... you're response doesn't sound silly ... Even after being a member for about 2 months ... I Love getting emails saying that I have another posting to someplace that I have replied before!

Just swinging by after I've finished my lunch ... to see if you found your way back into here?! I see you have!!! :yay: ... Hope to see you around the site ... You may want to consider creating a journal ... you enter your feelings, what you've eaten, your accomplishments, and like some of us :rolleyes: your oopses! People surf though and you make alot of neat friends from people that visit your journal ... they give you pointers and/or give you encouragement!!

Have fun, and remember -- you CAN'T hurt anything!!! :D

pegm
Fri, Apr-19-02, 08:44
Welcome Carlya, and congrats on your weight loss. This forum is awsome -- the support is terrific and advice even better!

razzle
Fri, Apr-19-02, 09:39
welcome! It's great that you already know this WOE works for you. Enjoy your time on the site. :)