PDA

View Full Version : Back again after 7 years

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bigmomma63
Tue, Feb-16-10, 16:01
Hello again! I'm back again, after more than 7 years. Back in the fall of 2002, I had great success at losing weight with the Adkins diet. I went from 232 pounds, down to around 180 in just 3 months. I then found out I was pregnant with baby #5. I went off the Adkins diet, had a successful pregnancy and gave birth, at almost age 40 to a baby girl. (I can't believe she is almost 7!!) Anyway, I gained all the weight back, and over the years since, topped out at 248 pounds.

This past December, I decided I had had enough. I now suffer from high blood pressure, on two meds a day and an asprin for it. I have severe ankle pain due to a fallen arch on my right foot. I couldn't walk up the stairs to our second floor in our home without gasping for air.

Our family enjoys camping in the summer. I am determined not to sit at the campsite and wait on my husband and kids while they hike, go to the pool, or any other fun things that I couldn't do because of my weight. I'm even looking forward to going to the county fair this year! Two years ago, I tried to ride one of the rides with my then 5 year old. I barely fit in the seat. The safety bar had squeezed my stomach so much, I nearly passed out.

Anyway, in December, I started my "diet" by cutting out soda. I decided to drink only water. Then in January, made the jump to doing the Adkins diet completely. I feel better already.

So, here I am. Oh, yeah, my real name is Robin, I have been married for 25 years, have 5 children, ranging in age from 21 to 6. I am also the grandma to three baby boys. One 10 month old, and two 6 month olds.

BERRIES
Tue, Feb-16-10, 16:30
:wave: WELCOME BACK!!

LC_mermaid
Tue, Feb-16-10, 22:05
Hi Robin, congratulations on making yourself a priority. Its hard to do when so many people depend on you. Yay on the 26lbs lost and kicking the soda habit!!! Good luck.

TimesTwo
Wed, Feb-17-10, 20:06
Welcome back! Based on your past success, you know you can do it and that it will improve your health!

Where do you live in WV? My dad has a little mountaintop cabin in Hampshire County--Capon Bridge, to be exact. It's beautiful!

deanna125
Thu, Feb-18-10, 00:08
Congrats on your loss so far.

I know what you mean about the camping. A couple of years ago I made it to my goal just before a camping trip and I can tell you that was the most relaxed summer vacation I've ever been on. I hadn't realized how much energy it takes to constantly be thinking about how much I weigh, how to hide it, what if someone asks me if I've gained weight, what will they think if they see me eating. etc, etc. It was like a huge weight had been lifted off my spirit not just my body. But I gained most of it back and here I am again, vowing I will lose that weight once and for all.

I wish us both luck and determination. May we both camp this summer without worrying at all about our weight!

JohnGibson
Thu, Feb-18-10, 08:58
Welcome back.

My wife asked me point blank if I was on Atkins (she doesn't like the diet) and I told her yes. Right now she is guarded because she has seen me go up and down up and down.

I also want to enjoy my time with my family and not have the weight causing me to not be there.

John