PDA

View Full Version : LC to regain my health....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Dzg333
Mon, Feb-15-10, 14:36
I've been fighting weight gain/impossible weight-loss since 2004 when I was diagnosed with Hashimotos Thyroiditis. For anyone who doesn't know what that is, it's an autoimmune disease where your body attacks your thyroid which renders you hypothyroid. Hypothyroidism basically slows your metabolism down to a crawl. It's been the most frustrating thing I have ever had to deal with in my life.

I just finished reading a book on my condition and not surprisingly to me a LC lifestyle was recommended to help me feel more energetic and lose weight. I have tried to make this change in my life with no success a few times before, but after reading the book, I now understand just how bad carbs and gluten are for your body.

I am on day 3 and happy I'm finally on the right track!

Samantha22
Mon, Feb-15-10, 14:49
Welcome, and good luck!
There are several others here dealing with the same issues you are, browse around and join the threads...you don't have to go at this alone!

LC_mermaid
Mon, Feb-15-10, 16:26
Hi, welcome to the forums, yay on making it to day 3. Here is a link to the best advice for newbies. I covers so much that will come up for you as you do LC plans. I read your other post and yes the cravings get less urgent. Soon you you might bet to the point where you have no interest in eating at all. You are not alone in being a re-starter, there are alot of us here. I consider the other times I tried the test runs for the big trip. Good luck!

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=405273

robmedina
Mon, Feb-15-10, 17:01
Welcome- Hoping you find the answers here!

sybil878
Mon, Feb-15-10, 17:54
Welcome, and good luck!

With the hashi's I'd also suggest that you look at gluten/wheat as well as dairy that you may have developed intolerance for. Many of us find that these food groups are also an issue.

:)

Water Lily
Mon, Feb-15-10, 19:15
Welcome!

Have you been tested for gluten intolerance as well? Hashi and GI go hand in hand sometimes.

Glad you are here!

Dzg333
Tue, Feb-16-10, 08:22
Thanks for all the good wishes!