PDA

View Full Version : Day 8 and craving sugar! What the heck is wrong with me?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SlimShAdY
Tue, Apr-16-02, 11:43
I'm on day 8, haven't cheated yet..But all of a sudden I'm craving sugar..and I'm still "starving" (if you read my last post) What the heck is wrong with me? Is this normal?

Ugh Hopefully its EARLY pms, especially since I've only lost 3lbs on induction so far, and have 10 more of waterweight that I gained during my last period but wasn't drinking enough to lose it..I think its like 2 weeks to early though.. :confused:

Elora Jade
Tue, Apr-16-02, 18:50
Slim,

I get cravings every 10 days it seems, as in gimmie a chocolate bar or the stuffed animal gets it! Serious...serious...cravings. (mostly for chocolate - like a Kit Kat! mmmm)

Dunno why, I suppose it has alot to do with the addiction to carbs, like dreaming about pastry (never been a pastry fan) and almost reaching for a can of chef boy r dee for lunch (smack that hand!)

I only worry that its my body signalling that it actually needs these things to operate! Just as when pregnant you crave things your body needs. But then, I also crave cigarettes once and a while too, my body certainly dosent need those!

I would be curious to know if anyone else gets regular cravings??

Rosebud
Tue, Apr-16-02, 19:03
Hi SlimShady and Elora Jade,
Are you taking any supplements?
I have found that taking Chromium and L-Glutamine have made a huge difference in my sweet cravings. In fact at one point I stopped the glutamine and the cravings zoomed back!
Also, some people find that using artificial sweeteners can help set up a craving for sweet things.
Slim, if you're hungry, eat! Your calorie count should be at least 10-12 times your bodyweight.
Good luck.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

Elora Jade
Tue, Apr-16-02, 19:09
Actually I JUST started taking those two (this am) in addition to the calcium, potassium, folic acid and magnesium. So hopefully that will murder the cravings for me, its truly annoying I tell you, this is day "10" and there is a Kit Kat sitting in the upstairs cupboard (I hid it on myself, but I still KNOW that its there!) HA! I will defeat it! Gimmie more water!

gracie-poo
Tue, Apr-16-02, 20:35
Hey has anyone else been craving things they never have before? I was always a salty, starchy craver (nachos were my absolute favorite) and RARELY ate sweet stuff. I just didn't like it; even when I did, I would eat stuff like sweet tarts and other pure sugar candies. I laughed at my friends who drooled over chocolates "you guys are such cliches!" But now I find myself craving chocolate constantly! It is so weird! I scarfed down a whole carbolite chocolate bar.......(and boy did it give me the "runs"--sorry to be gross). I mean, it is my TOM, but I've been craving chocolate the last few months.

Is there some physiological cause of this, does anyone know?