PDA

View Full Version : loss of appetite ?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Badcarbs
Fri, Feb-12-10, 12:17
Hi new to the forum and low carbing , started the Atkins about 8 days ago , lost weight quickly as expected .What strikes me as more strange is my lust for food has gone aswell .Before the diet i was addicted to chocolate and sweets , myself reaching a large 20stone in weight , managed to lose about a stone in the last 8 days , but as s :yum: aid what i do find strange is my lack of interest in food now .For eg today i didnt eat until 2pm and that was only because my wife cooked some ham for me which i couldnt eat totally (before i would have eaten and then gone fridge delving with a gaumless look on my face ) .

So my question is why the loss of appetite is this part of the Atkins effect ?

LC_mermaid
Fri, Feb-12-10, 22:16
Hi, congratulations on getting to day 8! yes the loss of hunger is part of Atkins generally. I don't get the hunger back unless I eat something off plan or something that has hidden carbs. You should get your interest in food back a bit after a couple of weeks, but it most likely will not be like before on a high carb plan. Keep up the good work.

Badcarbs
Sat, Feb-13-10, 13:32
Cheers LC , for clearing that up , lost another 3lbs overnight is this normal?

LC_mermaid
Sat, Feb-13-10, 17:44
It is normal for the start and since you are a guy. They say Atkins gives you instant gratification for you efforts, which is a refreshing change from low cal/low fat. Congrats on another 3 lbs!

betul2006
Tue, Feb-16-10, 07:23
I am on day 8 too and I find I am forcing myself to eat as my appetite has disappeared. I am finally understanding the saying, "Eat to live, not live to eat!"

Badcarbs
Wed, Feb-17-10, 04:47
its true betul2006 isnt it , dont know about you but i actually feel a bit sick when eating my appetite is that diminished , from someone who would eat just for the sake of it i am now a person who doesnt like eating , pretty cool i think lol.

Ariel_UK
Thu, Feb-18-10, 11:08
Hello and welcome,

I also think we are re-educating our bodies and mindset. Being full on carbs is a very different feeling to being full on LC's. A different sensation and I think a more positive one that just might take a little adjustment perhaps. Just my observations.

Congrats on your weight loss :)