PDA

View Full Version : Back on track....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Mommo
Sat, Feb-06-10, 16:14
Didn't know this Forum existed when I lost a gob of weight (50lbs) going low carb in 2000. Generally followed thesensible low-carb philosophy until I went off the deep end in the first three months of 2009. Lost my dear mom, my wonderful father-in-law, and my old sweet doggie and ate myself sick in just three short months!

I'm able to think again and take control of my impulses. It's been a revelation how much more clearly I think when I'm not full of carbs. Happy to join the group!

LC_mermaid
Sat, Feb-06-10, 21:32
Hi Mommo, it sounds like you had the worst time last year. I hope that this year is full of happiness for you, good luck on your weight loss journey. You did this before and you can do it again!

moondaught
Sat, Feb-06-10, 21:36
Hi there, so sorry to hear about the losses of your loved ones. Welcome to these forums, and welcome back to a healthy way of eating/living!

MissScruff
Sat, Feb-06-10, 22:08
Didn't know this Forum existed when I lost a gob of weight (50lbs) going low carb in 2000. Generally followed thesensible low-carb philosophy until I went off the deep end in the first three months of 2009. Lost my dear mom, my wonderful father-in-law, and my old sweet doggie and ate myself sick in just three short months!

I'm able to think again and take control of my impulses. It's been a revelation how much more clearly I think when I'm not full of carbs. Happy to join the group!
Hi Mommo...I am Scruff and have lost gobs of weight as well. When my Dad passed away I went and ate a cheeseburger and of course fries and completely went off the deep end. So here I am, finally able to face what happened and determined to get back on track. Losing a parent is something one never gets over, but Dad would sure be mad at me for undoing some of the hard work I did to get so much weight off! Lesson I learned is that I cannot let my emotions dictate what I put in my mouth! I thought I had that under control but honestly one is never ready for the emotional distress losing a parent can cause!

Mommo
Sun, Feb-07-10, 22:17
Thank you for taking the time to welcome me to the forum. It does help know someone is thinking positive thoughts for me... I'll try to do the same for others.