PDA

View Full Version : Just joined

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kteri
Sat, Feb-06-10, 10:03
Hi All,
I just joined this forum this morning. I just started on Atkins Feb. 1st. I did Atkins a few years ago and then we had some major health problems with our daughter(we almost lost her) and with all of the stress, I just went back to eating how I had been.

I'm hoping to really change my whole way of eating and to be able to stick with it. I'm the only one in our family doing this so I really need all of the support I can get.!!
Thanks for having me,
Kim

Brittastic
Sat, Feb-06-10, 10:13
Hey Kim, welcome!! I'm pretty new here too but I so far am loving it, you came to the right place!

ladylaughs
Sat, Feb-06-10, 10:16
Welcome, I know what stress can do. Even if you are eating right, stress can make what is there stay there. I went through issues with one of my sons, almost lost him a few times over the years... (cancer sucks) then I lost my DH to cancer last year. So Stress eating I totally understand. As mothers we want to be in control with our kids and when they get sick we suffer too. We need as mothers to be able to fix anything for our kids, and we,as far as they know (at least until they are teenagers) are super heros and can make anything better. Then the mommy guilt sets in...all the what if I did this or what if I did that...we have to accept that we did not do anything to cause our childrens hardships. We have to accept that they have to go through what they have to (amazing, how they can recover) and how we can best be there for them. It is so friggin' hard to do that though..:lol:

You came to the right place for support, I have met so many great people here...Look forward to seeing you on the boards.

When life knocks you on your ass, it is better to get up and keep walking...because if you sit on it right away its gonna hurt..... Barb

LC_mermaid
Sat, Feb-06-10, 11:23
Hi Kim welcome, you did this before and you can do it again! good luck to you.

Shyvas
Sat, Feb-06-10, 11:25
Hello and welcome.

Low carbing is really a whole new way of life. Good luck with the plan.

moondaught
Sat, Feb-06-10, 12:20
Hi, Kim, welcome!

Almost lost my oldest dd at birth - I can surely empathize!

kteri
Sun, Feb-07-10, 21:59
Thanks for the support everyone. I keep telling myself that this is a change of life and not just a diet. I keep telling myself I can do this.