PDA

View Full Version : laxative

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

zxcvbn
Mon, Feb-01-10, 10:08
What you all recommend ? On Atkins for months and movement rather slow . Is this normal or am i full of it? Ha

LC_mermaid
Mon, Feb-01-10, 11:19
I take 3 fish oil capsules and drink at least 1 tbs coconut oil a day. Are you eating enough fat? You can use the search function above and get tons of info on this subject. Its right above on the green bar.

zxcvbn
Mon, Feb-01-10, 11:45
thanks mucho -- have not been getting enough i believe--will try

zxcvbn
Mon, Feb-01-10, 11:48
right below my post -- Julianne says net one carb but who knows what that means in the diet scheme BUT THEY say use only when on maintenance-p-- dont use when on Atkins I say

aeroangie
Mon, Feb-01-10, 11:51
Flaxseed muffins are allowed on Atkin's, even in phase one. If you do this, add it in very slowly. I like the golden flaxmeal on Amazon.com. Mix with one egg, splenda, cinnamon, baking powder, mix, put in microwave for one minute and 15 sec. I use about 1/8 of a cup, every other day. Put butter or melted cream cheese on top. Drink lots of water and add in every other day at first.

katmeyster
Mon, Feb-01-10, 12:02
I had a 1 minute muffin yesterday (1/4 cup flax meal and T coconut oil), 1 teaspoon of magnesium supplement, and a few psyllium husk tablets yesterday, 1 caster oil, 2 fish oil, 2 flaxseed oil pills -- and now "things" are normal. Its kind of a pain to take all that stuff, but it forces me to drink a lot of water -- which is a good thing.

Ghoulia
Mon, Feb-01-10, 12:03
What you all recommend ? On Atkins for months and movement rather slow . Is this normal or am i full of it? Ha

Doesn't matter if it's slow or not, just depends on if you're constipated.

If it's killing you to go to the bathroom, then that's a bad thing, but if you're just going normally, but less frequently - don't change a thing.

You're just eating stuff that is getting USED instead of wasted, that's all.

If you ARE constipated, take 500mg of magnesium at night before bed, but if you're not, don't!

Julia

zxcvbn
Mon, Feb-01-10, 18:40
thanks for your help