PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

EmaJane
Sat, Jan-30-10, 23:39
I'm EmaJane and I live in Missouri. I'm in my late 50s and want to drop about 50 pounds. I'm from a "short and stout" family and I want to ditch the "stout" part of my identity - can't do anything about the "short"!

I have type 2 diabetes and being on a low carb eating plan is the best way for me to control my blood glucose. I've been diabetic for 25 years and, so far, no complications. My control has been good over the years, but as I've aged, it is harder to control and still eat a regular carb diet.

I look forward to getting to know folks, learning from you, and supporting one another was we change our lyfestyle. :wave:

g-didi
Sun, Jan-31-10, 01:57
welcome to the forums

GonnaDoIt!
Sun, Jan-31-10, 10:27
Welcome to the forum and to a great way of eating (WOE). Lots of good advice and people here to give you all the support you need. I am like you (hit 60 early this month) and it is a little harder as we age to keep things in line and lose weight...but it is possible! So, hang in there and just take it one day at a time. When you see yourself losing and feel physically better every day, you will embrace the "new you" with pride!