PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

keo480
Thu, Jan-28-10, 20:54
This is my 3rd start at low carb/Atkins. I had a baby 1/30/08 and nothing took off the baby weight. I did Atkins in Jan 2009- June 2009 and lost 20 lbs and was getting close to my goal weight. I don't know exactly what happened but I ended up gaining 8-10 lbs back of what I had originally lost. I am not overweight anymore according to the BMI calculators but would like to get my pre baby bod back. Saturday will be two years since giving birth and I turn 30 this year and want to feel and look my best for that milestone.
I really want to fit into old clothes waiting for me in the closet.

I totally agree with Atkins but I have tailored the diet to my needs. I do more than 20 grams a day but less than 30 as my induction. And will do that for the two weeks. Then I plan on incorporating 10 grams a week until I get to my level.

I plan on eating more cheese than Atkins says on induction and I even had a low carb beer tonight. I know it's not going to affect my weight loss. I did Atkins in 2004 and did a big no no and drank alcohol during all phases. Guess what? It was the only time since I was a preteen that I actually got rid of my cellulite. All the running and fasting did not take it all away until I tried the lifestyle. I know what works for me and I hope it still works this time around.

Day 3 is so far so good. :)

Thanks for listening to my story and best wishes to everyone on the board.

Shyvas
Thu, Jan-28-10, 21:19
Hello and welcome onboard.

Your initial weight loss was indeed an acheivement. Prehaps you could learn from experience how to suceed 3rd time around.

I also think that most people seem to come up with their own version of either Atkins or other LC food plans enabling it to be easier to follow.