PDA

View Full Version : 100 pounds, or Halfway

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Merpig
Wed, Jan-27-10, 10:24
I have posted this elsewhere, but decided I would add it here to make it sort of an "official" milestone, to announce that I have lost 100 pounds since I began my journey, and that puts me halfway to goal.

It's only taken me *four years* to get here. Just lately I've seen posts from people saying they lost 100 pounds in 4 months, or 6 months. Grrrrrr. I have to learn not to compare myself to people like that. My journey may be taking be longer, but at least I'm still making progress, even if turtle-like. And getting over halfway is a big rush.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/gallery/files/1/2/2/3/4/1/Debprogress.JPG

JAnn
Wed, Jan-27-10, 10:29
Big congratulations on your loss. That is quite an achievement!!!

Just lately I've seen posts from people saying they lost 100 pounds in 4 months, or 6 months. When I read those I note they are from young, active men. Women, especially older women, are not going to be able to do that.

Just enjoy your success--your looking really good!!!

Allymich
Wed, Jan-27-10, 13:13
congratulations on your amazing accomplishment you look great

wowimheavy
Wed, Jan-27-10, 15:09
WOw! It doesnt matter how you got there or how long it took you to get there - the fact is YOU did it YOUR way and you are there !!

Amazing job. Keep up the great work :)

g-didi
Wed, Jan-27-10, 21:28
congratulations!

1stBreath
Thu, Jan-28-10, 10:57
Congratulations!!

ladydihd
Thu, Jan-28-10, 11:44
Congrats!!!!! :thup:

Didy
Thu, Jan-28-10, 17:12
Wow! You look GREAT!! Keep up the good work!!

katmeyster
Thu, Jan-28-10, 22:44
Congratulations! My goodness you look good. JMHO, but you look like you already made your goal. Thanks for the inspiration.

mermaiden9
Fri, Jan-29-10, 05:48
Wow you look fantastic!

Samantha22
Fri, Jan-29-10, 05:52
Girl, you look amazing.
You should be proud of yourself!
It took me a LONG time to lose mine, too, but well worth the journey.
Just think....four years...100 pounds....25 pounds a year aint too shabby if ya ask me!
Congratulations and KUTGW!

shopjunkie
Fri, Jan-29-10, 08:07
HUGE congratulations!!!!

:thup: :thup: :thup:

Merpig
Fri, Jan-29-10, 11:04
Thanks everyone for all the kind comments! It may take me a long time still, but I'm not giving up, and continue to work on it. Next goal, just to be "obese" instead of "morbidly obese" :lol:

Mirrorball
Fri, Jan-29-10, 12:02
Some people lose 100 lb in six months and gain 150 lb in the following six months. You could maintain your loss for four years, which is a more impressive feat. Congratulations! I'm sure you feel a lot better weighing 100 lb less.

Shyvas
Fri, Jan-29-10, 13:09
Well done and certainly an acheivement to be proud of.

*Sheila*
Fri, Jan-29-10, 19:33
Fantastic! :wave: Keep up the great work! :)

Merpig
Fri, Jan-29-10, 20:25
Some people lose 100 lb in six months and gain 150 lb in the following six months. You could maintain your loss for four years, which is a more impressive feat.
Well that's what I tell myself! It's great to drop a lot of weight fast, but I'm really *learning* how to maintain the WOE that I am on and keeping this weight off all this time as well as slowly getting more off.

Kristine
Sat, Jan-30-10, 09:12
Congratulations! I'm with katmeyster; where is the other 100 lbs going to come off? :)

It's too bad that we all tend to put too much emphasis on using the scale as success, because to me, your real success is how you've done this for years with practically no cheating. Life ain't fair.

Gydon
Sat, Jan-30-10, 21:29
Wow. I'm very impressed! Scale be damned, you've done great work. I hope I can keep the mindset as you have.

nana150
Sat, Jan-30-10, 22:46
You are an inspiration to me. What kind of things do you eat and what phase are you on?

DebiLMT
Sat, Jan-30-10, 23:30
Debbie,

You look amazing. You are an inspiration to us all who want to make this a way of life.

Here's to the journey,
Debi