PDA

View Full Version : Howdy Yall

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Txsrooster
Tue, Jan-26-10, 12:58
I just started last week on the low carb, and kinda flailing around in the dark...limited my self to no more then 20 carbs and have dropped 8 pounds...
I haven't read any books yet (I know, I know) but plan to. I work full time and go to school full time and am also in the reserves...I have to lose 7% body fat or 70 lbs by August in order to stay in..and I only have 3 years until I can retire...so I may stay on the <20g /week for longer then the 2 weeks maybe go to 25 so I can have real creamer in my coffee. I finish school end of next week. :p so may pick up a book on low carbs. I love veggies (some) so may go with atkins...oh and of course my most important job...DAD/Husband.

LC_mermaid
Tue, Jan-26-10, 14:30
Hi, yes you can have real cream! I love that too. It makes coffee a luxury. Here is a link to the basic Atkins rules, so you can be out of darkness. Congrats on the 8 lbs lost! Good luck.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=386471

Also the South Beach diet basics, I don't want to be Atkinscentric. :)

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=396611&page=1

GonnaDoIt!
Tue, Jan-26-10, 15:55
Welcome! Are you kidding??? You are doing without real cream?? Well, guess what...you can have real cream, whipping cream, that makes your coffee go "ahhhhh" in the mornings :lol: Akins will work, no matter which plan you use. Just stay away from what is referred to as "frankenfoods" - processed, not pure foods. Whether you use Akins 72 or Akins 02.....they both mention that. Once you have your books to read it will all make sense.

Lots of advice and support here, so you go guy! :agree:

Txsrooster
Tue, Jan-26-10, 15:59
I have been using silk..it is not tooo bad, but am on the last of that..will tell the wife to pick up some whipping cream...thanks
If I can make weight then I can advance...would be great if I can retire out ranking my both my oldest brother and my uncle. :)

GonnaDoIt!
Tue, Jan-26-10, 16:35
You have a great goal to reward yourself with..its one day at a time and no doubt you will achieve it. You might hit some rough places along the way but we have all been through that too. Worse thing you can do is not ask for help. And the only place you can go is DOWN on that scale - you've already seen that since you started.

Check out the forum recipe section - lots of great ideas there too.