PDA

View Full Version : Second Time

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dman38
Tue, Jan-26-10, 09:21
Good Day, my name is Dman38,

this is my second go around doing the Atkins. The first time i lost 120 in 8 months. unfortunetly i've gained about 50 of them back, so here i go again this time for good. i started the Atkins the day after christmas, but i shouldve started before then when the clothes were getting tighter and my stomach fatter. so this is my 33rd day and ive lost a today of 20 lbs my goal is to get back down to 165. by the end of April. to help me obtain this goal i have the support of my beautiful wife and daughter, i've also rededicated myself to the Gym and have a personal trainer to help move things along. ive been down this road before. I've learned that Atkins(lo-carb)is not just a diet but a way of life.

Thanks

bkloots
Tue, Jan-26-10, 10:05
I've learned that Atkins(lo-carb)is not just a diet but a way of life. You got it! Welcome back.

IMHO, work in the gym is one of the best companion activities to a low-carb way of eating. Hope you meet your goals soon.

Best wishes.

LC_mermaid
Tue, Jan-26-10, 10:28
Hi, it does seem that once you get to the point where you do realize its a way of life (LC) that its easier after that. It sounds like you are on your way this time. Congratulations on 22 lbs lost!