PDA

View Full Version : newbie to low carbing

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SnackFeet
Mon, Jan-25-10, 22:20
Hello!

Yes I am new to low carbing. I have been doing a kind of hybrid Dr.Cal Ezrin/Dr.Atkins diet. That is, low carb low cal. 30-40g carbs and typically less than 1500 calories daily. (5'10" 54 year old pre-type 2 diabetic male). Have lost just over 25lbs since 12/1/2009. :)

The first two weeks were alarming - so much weight drop so I added some calories. Now am dropping about 2 - 2.5 lbs a week and I think that is safe.

I am using Fit Day - paid the price and got the download. It has been very helpful but it is a little buggy and it could use some redesign. Overall I would recommend it though. Does anyone know if there is calorie counter or similar app for Android? Have also been keeping a notebook with me at all times to write things down as Fit Day is only installed on my home PC.

Well lets see. I started at 208, need to get to 165. Am planning on hitting 180 this weekend. Sundays are weigh in days. Have not been below 180 in... 20+ years? Have been doing a lot of walking - and in new england in the winter that can be a challenge. I am hoping to start jogging a bit when the weather breaks and I get below 175. Then tennis in the spring!

Thanks for the great site - just knowing that there are so many supportive fellow low carbers is really helpful!

g-didi
Mon, Jan-25-10, 23:38
Wow! Fantastic results... keep this up and your goal will by here in little time at all. Welcome to the Forums

LC_mermaid
Mon, Jan-25-10, 23:41
Hi, congratualtions on the 25+ lbs lost !!! Have you checked out the My plan tracker on here? I haven't got it down yet, but alot of members use it everyday. The link is up on the green border above the forums, its in yellow letters, to the right. I am too waiting on spring, this snow and cold is getting to me. Good luck!

DaddioM
Tue, Jan-26-10, 00:40
Congrats on your loss and welcome to the forums!!

Mike

perfectfit
Tue, Jan-26-10, 05:41
Welcome to the forums

chermac
Tue, Jan-26-10, 08:45
Wow, you've done really well, congratulations. I also use FitDay and find it a lot easier than the My PLAN on this forum (using and older mac, could be why) Keep on truckin' SnackFeet.