PDA

View Full Version : Oh, Lord Have Mercy On Me...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Kristine
Mon, Apr-15-02, 10:54
It's PMS time, they won't stop airing that Dairy Queen commercial featuring the Chocolate Lover's Blizzard, it's a warm day, I'm going to walk (45 minute walk) to the discount grocery store, and there's a Dairy Queen right across from it.

Maybe I'll buy one and just have, like, two bites...

Maybe the traffic will be too bad to try to cross the street. Maybe it'll seem like too much effort; and I'll want to just get my groceries and get home. Yeah.

SiZzLE
Mon, Apr-15-02, 15:40
I hope you were strong enough to resist, although it has to be hell to have a Dairy Queen right down the road and PMS cravings at the same time. Try some Sugar Free Jello instead with som whipped cream on top. I know, its not quite the same, but it is sweet and jiggly and better than blowing the diet all the way :)

DWRolfe
Mon, Apr-15-02, 15:48
Being able to resist the temptation of things like this is sweet, too! Don't do it!

Savor the weather, the sunshine, the way you feel since LCing!

Walking 45 minutes to the store? You go! :thup:

Donald :wave:

Kristine
Wed, Apr-17-02, 10:13
Heh heh. Well, I buckled - a bit. I had a burger-minus-the-bun, and about 1/3 of a small blizzard. It was sickly sweet. I shopped, and then walked *home*, too, with the groceries. So I think I burned it off. :)

BTW, that's my exercise regimen: the fact that I don't have a car. I don't want one. I'd probably gain 5 lbs a month for the rest of my life! Carrying 20 lbs of groceries on one's back two or three times a week is good cardio. :)

I think, from now on, if I want a treat every now and then, I'm not going to post here because I don't consider it a bad thing or "cheating." I just try to make sure I get active afterward so I don't get the sugar shakes.