PDA

View Full Version : New Comer

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SharonJean
Sun, Apr-14-02, 16:19
Hello Everyone or Anyone,

I started the Atkins diet almost 2 weeks ago and I am doing pretty good. I actually have a bet with my sister-in-law so motivation to stick to it is really strong, not to mention my own self esteem. My entire family is going to the beach Mother's Day weekend and I am determined to be the size I was when I got married 2 yrs ago. I have to admit I don't know a lot about the diet and that's why I'm here...for guidance and support. confused:

Sharon Jean

Natrushka
Sun, Apr-14-02, 17:19
Welcome to the forum, Sharon Jean :) The first thing you must do is get a copy of Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution - articles on the net and this forum are great to supplement your plan, but they do not replace the book. There are rules and guidelines that you must follow.

Also, just a word of warning, giving yourself deadlines that are unatainable can be demoralzing. If you adopt LC as a WOL (way of life) then the fat loss will hapen - and it will happen on it's own time schedule (unfortunately). Women can expect to lose 2 lbs of fat a week as a maxium - anything more is not fat and it's not something you want. Losing muscle will slow your metabolism and make losing fat difficult. After induction expect losses to slow down considerably - this is also a time when a brief stall often happens as your body adjusts to its new size.

Get yourself the book, get reading and continue losing that fat :)
Nat

LittleAnne
Mon, Apr-15-02, 02:50
Welcome to this forum Sharon Jean.

You are off to a good start, but I must agree with all that Natrushka says. Get the book and read it - not only will it fill you in on exactly what you need to do, but it will inspire and motivate you to.

This site is pretty good for motivation as well. A low carb diet is a way of life, not a quick fix remedy. Diet comes from the Greek and Latin and actually means "way of life". Loose weight and stay slim by permanently changing your eating habits.

Every success.