PDA

View Full Version : introduction.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

anna3636
Sun, Apr-14-02, 13:46
newwwww glad to be here..... would like to find a way to get my mind off a food... any thoughts :daze: :daze: :daze: :daze:

gwilson38
Sun, Apr-14-02, 19:05
It sounds like maybe U R just starting out with low-carbing? It does get a whole lot easier. Once your body gets adjusted to this new lifestyle U wont be craving food as much. Now on the other hand maybe U R hungry? Are U eating enough calories? Getting enough fat? Not waiting too long between meals? Drinking enough water? Just some things to think about. To get your mind off food you could read a book, do some exercise, go visit a friend? Do a craft?

LittleAnne
Mon, Apr-15-02, 02:45
Hi Anna and welcome to this forum.

So you are new to Atkins and going through induction. For new low carbers it is a time of uncertainty and as the body adjusts to not having carbohydrates around you may have a bit of an up and down week, but next week and from then on, life will be great.

Thinking of food, then eat some, but only meat, fish, eggs - sources of protein. You will soon fill full up and food cravings will go away.

Trying doing alternative things as has already been recommended. Whatever you do, don't just sit there doing nothing.

Every success with your low carb journey.

anna3636
Tue, Apr-16-02, 15:56
Would like to thank Little Ann and gwilson38 for your input, I must admit today has been much better going on my 8th day on induction,,, my hubby wants to go out for dinner Ohhhhh nooooo going to be a good girl and have a shirp,,shirp,,, and oh yeah more shrip,,, question,, the amount of protien is that a problem for the first 2 wk,, because I have not used my diet scale,, for ounces should I be,,, Anna :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: