PDA

View Full Version : stupid observation, don't know?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Heidi
Sun, Apr-14-02, 09:41
Hi,

I was losing weight steadily on induction when I was consuming a lot of red meat rather than poultry. Could it be just that I was in the early stages of induction and I was prone to increased weight loss or could red meat be better for me and losing weight compared to chicken? Is red meat digested differently? Has anyone else noticed this?

thanks
Heidi

sailfish
Sun, Apr-14-02, 12:25
It is normal for your weight loss to slow down after induction.

LittleAnne
Mon, Apr-15-02, 06:42
Heidi - I'm pleased induction went well for you. Unfortunately, the excellent weight loss during induction slows down and from now on you should expect weight loss to be a lot slower.

Much of the initial weight loss was water associated with the carbohydrates in your body.

So are you eating more poultry now than red meat? What you may need to consider is how much fat you are getting in your diet. Red meat is generally more fatty and you need about 70% of your food intake to come from fat. Less fat means less calories which can mean less weight loss. Check out your food intake on Fitday.com (http://), be sure to eat enough and also drink enough fluids to flush all that fat out of your body.