PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

garbo
Sun, Apr-14-02, 09:39
Hello, I am on the Atkins plan and I am plugging along to get to my goal weight. My hardest temptation times are in the afternoon after I get off work and on the weekends when I am bored. It is also difficult for me to go out to dinner and stick to my plan (especially when there is fresh bread sitting in front of me!). Anyways, I hope this forum will help motivate me to stick to this plan and not give up, like I have done so many times before.

LittleAnne
Sun, Apr-14-02, 11:02
Hi Garbo

Welcome to this forum, I am sure that you will find the support and motivation that you are looking for from everyone here. I know that it had been a great help to me since I joined in February.

Congratulations on your weight loss so far. :cheer: :cheer:

Temptations can be a problem, but are they worth those extra carbs and putting weight back on again. This has to become a permanent life style change. I must admit I've never been a bread fan, but it can seem odd when all those around you are eating it. I gave a dinner party last night for paying guests and so, although the menu was mainly low carb, I did buy bread and potatoes for others, however, after 37 weeks I am not tempted to have any at all.

Keep thinking positive and you can do it.

Every success.

alto
Sun, Apr-14-02, 12:16
Hi, Garbo! welcome!

Congratulations on your loss so far! I hope that gives you a littlel motivation, at least :)

Some of this is adjusting to a different way of eating, and, related to that, is breaking old habits. Is after work a tough time because you're used to having an afterwork snack? If so, maybe make a list of legal snacks -- preferably high in protein, not just low in carbs -- will help. Perhaps having a high protein snack at work in the late afternoon will help.

Bread in restaurants is a biggie, too. I try to put it out of reach at the beginning of the meal and then forget about it.

Good luck! Karen has a great signature line: Progress, not perfection. We all want to be perfect, but very few of us, if any, are. It's a journey. I hope you'll post often and let us know how you're doing.