PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Loraine
Sun, Apr-14-02, 05:38
Hi all, I thought I should introduce myself. I live in Balcatta, a 'burb of Perth. I have been doing Atkins since 1999. I had a good loss to start with and then gave up smoking and the weight came back with a wham!! and then stalled. Unfortuntely I have started smoking again. I love this WOE and cannot believe that I was sucked in by the low-fat mob.

Hoping to share information and experiences.
Loraine

fiona
Sun, Apr-14-02, 06:15
You do have to be vigilant and strong because LFat far outnumber the LCers. Now you are back keep the company of LCers - they are bound to help you stay on track. I hope to reach my goal weight before my first anniversary of LCing.

When I decided to tackle my weight problem I started on a LowFat diet and actually gained another 5kg on a near starvation diet in the first month. Somewhere along the line I stumbled on to this site and it was a life-saver.

Browse around - there's plenty of information here. I'll start you off with The Nicotine Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?forumid=105&s=)

Take care.

Rosebud
Sun, Apr-14-02, 17:25
Hi Loraine, welcome to the forum! :wave:
It's always so good to meet more Aussie LCers.
This really is a great site - do have a good sticky beak around.
The best way to "share information and experiences" is to start a journal. You need to go to "My Journal/Bootcamp." The journals are arranged alphabetically by user name, so you would need the "Journals K to L."
To get there? Either go back to the main page and scroll down, or go to "forum jump" at the top or bottom of every page, and scroll down. There's a "sticky" at the top of the journals page with info on how to write your journal.
Cheers, Loriane.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

Marg
Sun, Apr-14-02, 17:34
Hi Loraine, Great to meet another Aussie, (there arn't enough of us) I think Rosebud has said it all for me but the Journal is a very good idea it truly helped me a lot and so many nice people drop in and say hi.............
There are great recipies and advice on here but you just have to spend the time to check it all out. See you around Marg :wave: