PDA

View Full Version : Sata Sauce and mayonnaise

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Wendye
Sat, Apr-13-02, 16:57
Hi Karen,

I'm looking for low-carb recipes for mayonnaise as I think the commercially produced ones have too many carbs (amI right?)

and

I love sate sauce to have with chicken (well any meats) this is the sauce I have ben experimenting with - It's really yummy -what do you think about the carb value?

it has

1/4 onion - sauteed in a little butter
then Add:garlic, ginger, chilli, lemograss, corriander and
2 tbsn peanut putter
stir in: 1/4 carton sr cream. 1/4 can low-fat coconut milk
sweetner to taste
add some some crushed peanuts

Wendye

Karen
Sat, Apr-13-02, 21:20
Hi wendye,

Mayonnaise - Hellman's - is not so bad, but it's something that everyone has to decide for themselves. Here's a link to help you out: Mayonnaise (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31174&highlight=mayonnaise)

There is a recipe for my blender mayonnaise in a link in the post by allisonm.

The satay sauce sounds good! Do you know that there is a carb counter on this site at the top of the page under low-carb tools? It looks like it is fine carb-wise, but it's always good to know the actual count.

Karen

Wendye
Sat, Apr-13-02, 21:37
Thanx Karen - I visited the mayo sit - it was helpful.

We can't get Hellmans here in Australia - we have hardly any low-carb products so I'll make my own using your recipe.

Yes I have visited the carb counter - just wnated to chekc with you.