PDA

View Full Version : Bored On Induction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

XTRA
Sat, Apr-13-02, 12:49
Im so bored of eating chicken breast, hamburger meat, cheese, and eggs!! Im on the induction phase...any advice on yummy induction food?

kellcinn
Sat, Apr-13-02, 14:18
Hi Xtra, are you going to stay with this WOE? There ar emany
Some of my favourites: grilled chicken breast in a ceaser salad, chicken wings marinated in hot sauce and then baked to a crispy skin, bacon & thin slices tomato wrapped in lettuce with mayo.
bacon & cheese melts,

SEE BELOW:

tamarian
Sat, Apr-13-02, 14:23
Click on "Tips" from the menu, and read Karen's article on "Jazz-up your Induction" :thup:

Wa'il

XTRA
Sat, Apr-13-02, 14:24
I want to definitely stay with this plan, but i dont know how i will be able to..i just like variety and i cant seem to be creative enough..i dont want to give up, either! Is there anywhere i can go to get some cooking ideas for the INDUCTION??

kellcinn
Sat, Apr-13-02, 14:25
Hi Xtra, are you going to stay with this WOE? Do you eat meat in any of your salads? Make soup with the allowed vegies? Would you try cucumber soup? i used unallowed vegies for flavour, without eating them...turnip, garlic, carrot, etc. in the broth.
Some of my favourite dishes: grilled chicken breast in a ceaser salad, chicken wings marinated in hot sauce and then baked to a crispy skin, Bacon & thin slices tomato wrapped in lettuce with mayo.
Bacon & cheese melts, 1 lb. Hamburger cooked with a 1/2 cup of salsa and topped with sour cream, green onion, grated cheese, a dash of chili powder.
I love roast pork cooked with red peppers over it, or a rub of herbs.
That's enough, I am getting hungry typing to you ;)

XTRA
Sat, Apr-13-02, 14:29
WHERE CAN I FIND A LIST OF ALL THE ALLOWABLE FOODS ON THE INDUCTION PHASE? I GET REALLY CONFUSED ON THE "ALLOWED" AND "NOT ALLOWED" FOODS

alto
Sat, Apr-13-02, 14:51
XTRA, the best list is in the book (Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution.") There's a very complete list of foods -- it doesn't just say "poultry" it says white meat chicken, dark meat chicken, duck, goose, etc. It tells you exactly what you can have and exactly what you can't.

If Atkins doesn't say you can have it, assume it's off-limits on induction. Makes it simple :)