PDA

View Full Version : working out on 3rd shift!?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

daedreamer
Tue, Nov-17-09, 09:25
Okay, I'm a dreaded 3rd shifter so my days are in reverse from most people. Is it best to work out before I go to work at night -or- to workout before coming home after work in the morning????

Also, can anyone recommend some good workout music to keep me pumped and motivated that I can add to my mp3 player? My gym plays TERRIBLE workout music and I have found that music really helps keep me motivated but I'm sort of stumped for song choices :help:

Thanks!!

amw8474
Tue, Nov-17-09, 12:51
I would recommend working out before you go to work and preferably on an empty stomach to maximize fat burning. If you wait till the end of your shift you maybe too tired and find it too easy to skip the workout. I wouldn't dream of working out at the end of my night shift because I'm just too tired.

daedreamer
Tue, Nov-17-09, 14:23
Thanks! I was hoping that would be the answer :lol: I am usually exhausted after working all night too! Since I work 12 hour shifts it should be easy enough to just pack my dinner and take it with me instead of eating before I go that way I can exercise on an empty stomach! Thanks for your reply! :)

BruceInAla
Tue, Nov-17-09, 15:57
I vote for pre-work shift work outs too. Although I regular regular hours, I get up early to exercise before hand. For music, I like a steady driving beat. "Roxy Music" is a favorite album, so is early Santana like "Soul Sacrifice". And let's not forget about Kraftwerk's "Trans Europe Express" (Am I giving away how ancient I am here?)