PDA

View Full Version : in need of support

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Kelllee
Fri, Apr-12-02, 20:18
Hi,

I'm new to this forum but I'm not new to the Dr. Atkins diet I did the diet about this time last year and I did pretty good on it. But got tired of eating the same foods over and over. I have tried so many diets and I never stay with any diet more than six months. I lack willpower. I starting the Atkins diet again on Monday 4/15/02. I notice that when I got off the Atkins diet I gained my weight back very quickly plus an extra 20lbs. I'm so desperatly trying to loose weight for 2 reasons 1) I'm tired of being the heavest person in my family 2) I just found out that I am insulin resistant. My husband and myself are junk food junkies we can't get enough. It is so hard for me to diet when he can still continue to all the foods I love.

Sorry too talk every one to death.
I needed to get some of that off my chest.
THANKS FOR LISTENING.

alto
Fri, Apr-12-02, 20:55
Hi, Kellee. Welcome!

I've had boredom problems in the past, too. I don' tknow if this will help, but one night, I got out a few LC cookbooks and read through them, jotting down the page numbers and names of recipes I thought I'd like and knew I could cook. I ended up with three pages of names of recipes! Lots of recipes here, too.

Check out the low carb tips (orange bar at the top of the board) and see Karen's tips for jazzing up induction -- they can be used throughout low carbing and give you an idea of how creative one can be. Lots of great recipes on this site, too. Look around and find something new to try. Browse through people's journals and steal meal ideas. There's no reason for LC to be boring!

Good luck to you -- you'll find a lot of support here. I hope you'll post often and let us know how you're doing :)

LittleAnne
Sat, Apr-13-02, 10:45
Hi Kellee, let me also welcome you to this forum.

So you did Atkins before, found you lost weight, then got bored. I think others on this site have been there too, however as alto has said there is no need to get bored.

So all the weight you lost went back on, plus more. Whatever way you choose to loose weight you will only ever keep it off if you make a permanent change in your eating habits. I know that sounds bad, but I've only recently realised how much sense that makes.

Make low carbing the new way of life for you and your husband and you may find you no longer wish to be a junk food junkie.

Every success and let us know how you get on.